Trust

Taehyung nodded, "Yes?"

"The Busan Killer suspect?" I said. I knew she looked familiar somehow when Seokjin introduced her. Now I knew why.

"Yea... But she is not the Busan Killer, I know it!" Taehyung exclaimed.

I narrowed my eyes. "How are you so sure?"

"I am friends with her. I know she would never do anything like that!"

I thought for a few moments before deciding to trust Taehyung. "...Fine."

Taehyung said, "Yes, so we are going to Goyang and it might be dangerous. I hope it won't be, but it might."

He looked visibly worried. I reached across and took hold of his hand, which was large in comparison to mine. "You don't look sure about this."

"I am not," Taehyung replied. "It's just- It's just I don't know if what I'm doing is right. I am- I am betraying someone who's taken care of me for a long time..."

I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. "It must be hard, to be in your position. That's why I don't know if I want to become a member of FIRE."

He looked back up at me in surprise. "You are becoming a member of FIRE?"

"Well, Jungkook offered. But I'm not sure if-"

"Don't," Taehyung now enveloped my hand with both his hands, "please don't do it."

I was taken aback by his sudden plea. "Why not?"

"You- You don't understand! Becoming a member of FIRE is not... is not a good thing." Taehyung said, concern beaming from his voice.

"But- But you are a member..."

"Yes, but I didn't get a choice! You do. Please make the right one."

"But Jungkook is only trying to help me find the Busan Killer."

Taehyung looked away with furrowed brows. He seemed to be fighting a war within himself about whether to say what he wanted to say next. The 'yes' side won and he bursted out, "Jungkook is not trying to help you!"

"I- I don't understand..."

"He- I can't say anymore, but please trust me!" Taehyung said while looking into my eyes. I could tell he was sincere. "Please, stay away from Jungkook."

My mind was in pieces right now. I had absolutely no idea who to trust.

"Taehyung, I think you should leave," I said, getting off the bed and pulling him with me.

He got on his feet and pleaded, "Please, Sulli, you need to trust me!"

I wordlessly walked back out into the living room. My hand rested on the front door knob. "Taehyung, please go."

"Sulli," I could tell he was close to tears. "You have to believe me. I- I just want you to be safe."

"It's not that I don't believe you," I said, "it's just that I don't know what to think right now. I need to be alone."

Taehyung slowly walked towards the door, his concerned gaze never leaving me. Just as he walked past me he suddenly grabbed me and engulfed me in a tight, warm hug. I almost melted when he whispered next to my ear with his deep voice, "Please, trust me."

He pulled back to meet my gaze. My eyes landed on points of his face as I desperately searched for a hint of lie, but to no avail.

His cupped my left check with his right hand and gently stroked with his thumb. "Sulli, I really like you," he confessed. "I don't want you to get hurt."

I averted my gaze, feeling a bit guilty. "It's not just about me. It's about my parents, it's about all those people that were brutally murdered by the Busan Killer. He needs retribution."

"God dammit can you stop thinking about other people and think about yourself for once!?" Taehyung yelled, which shocked me. He continue, "You might just become the Busan Killer's next kill if you carry on with your investigation. Would your parents have wanted that?"

I was silent as his words stirred up a storm of turmoil within me.

"You said the Busan Killer has given you a purpose in life. Let me replace that!"

I met his unfailing gaze once again in shock. "Taehyung..."

"Please... please just save yourself. And please," he leaned forward and our foreheads touched. My skin tingled where he was in contact with me. "Sulli, go out with me."

I was frozen and unable to say anything, yet on the inside it was as if a volcano had exploded. I was so torn my heart was physically hurting. Taehyung was presenting me with two options: to stop my pursuit of the Busan Killer and be with him, or otherwise.

We held our position for a few seconds before I laid a hand on his chest and pushed him away.

"I'm sorry, Taehyung," I said as I opened the door and shoved him out.

"Sulli, Sulli!" Taehyung's voice was drowned oit by the shutting of the door. I looked out of the window right next to the door and saw that Taehyung was leaning his forehead on the door, a hand on the knob as if desperately wanting it to turn itself and open the door.A tear caught the sunlight as it left his chin and fell to the ground.

A jab of pain hit my heart as I turned back around and leaned on the door for support. I slid down to the floor with tears streaming down my face. I hadn't experienced such pain in my heart since my parents died. For my goal in life, I just rejected a man that would sincerely love me. I felt horrible, I felt sick for doing so.

I really wanted to say yes but then my parents popped into my mind. Jungkook did too.

The things Taehyung accused Jungkook of, I still had no idea what to think about it. If it was true, that meant Jungkook had been lying the whole time. I really really hoped that wasn't the case as I was beginning to fall for him.

I dragged myself back to my bedroom and hopping into bed. I cried as my mind tried to rescue itself from my state of confusion.

Who should I trust?