Position

"Once again, thank you for taking care of Yoongi," Seokjin said as we neared my house. He offered to drive me from the Blaze headquarter.

"Taking care of the ill and injured is what I was trained to do," I said.

"Yes, I noticed that you are quite fluent in nursing."

I smiled cheerlessly. "What is the use though? I got fired before I even start my first day in the hospital because I took care Yoongi instead of going to my job. I guess it will be very hard to find another job from now on."

We stopped in front of my house and we got out. Seokjin was thinking about something, evident by the crease between his dark brows. He looked back up and suddenly said, "Will you be willing to work for me?"

I was taken by surprise. "You mean... work at your hospital?"

He shook his head with a smile. "No, I don't work at a hospital. My job is... different."

"How can I work you then? I don't have any experience."

"Where did you get your degree?"

"Seoul National University."

He huffed in surprise. "Then you definitely will qualify for the job. The line of work I'm in... a lot of the time we learn on the job anyway."

"But where do you work if not in a hospital?" I questioned.

"I will tell you more details if you are willing to consider my offer."

"Well, yes, of course I will consider."

"Great. Then get back in the car, I will drive you to my clinic."

I stood in place and said with doubt, "Please don't kidnap me and sell my organs."

Seokjin chuckled. "I'll try not to."

——-

Turned out Seokjin's clinic was a few minutes away from the edge of the city. I thought that was quite strange considering most hospitals and clinics tended to be in the the city for convenience and to attract customers.

"Why did you choose to open you clinic here?" I voiced my question to the doctor as he led me into the two-storey high building.

"You will see," was all he said. I was starting to doubt this more and more. I looked Dr Kim Seokjin up on the internet the other day but could not find anything about him, not even his medical license. If I had to use a word to describe him, it would be 'shady'.

We went past a typical reception area, for which the actually reception was strangely empty. We walked around the back and stopped in front of a plain white door.

"Listen, Sulli, what I do is...particular. Remember, you are not under any pressure to accept the job."

I chuckled nervously. "What is it?"

Instead of replying, he just opened the door. From the tone of his voice, I was half-expecting se sort of gruesome torture chamber. However, it looked just like a normal clinic, which made me even more confused.

"Follow me," Seokjin said. We walked all the up the white corridor to the room at the end. He opened the door the only thing in there was a row of what looked like a body freezer.