His eyes were reserved and cold, he opened his mouth to say something, but his eyes quickly turned a dangerous shade of black and his head snapped to the side and cocked up as if he was listening to something. I regained senses of who I was and what I was doing and focused on the sound.

It was four feet and coming extremely fast, I knew it was my mom before I could smell her. I focused my attention back on him but he wasn’t there. He was just right there…

I turned a full circle searching frantically for him, but he just disappeared. I didn't even hear him go. A dreadful feeling permanently settled itself in the pit of my stomach.

“What are you doing?” my mom asked walking towards me in basketball shorts and one of my dad’s long sleeve t-shirts.

“I was-there was- he was-“ I just stopped.

“We should get home before your dad finds out” she told me.

“Mom he was here” I told her quietly almost afraid if I talked too loud he would hear.

“did he touch you?” my mom asked.

“not in a bad way” I told her.

“I swear if he puts his fucking hands on you I’ll kill him- demon or not” she muttered, I snorted and we talked a little more before getting back to the house, we went into the living room and my dad was there his arm crossed over his chest- muscles bulging looking royally pissed.

“shit” my mom cursed.

“Where have you two been?” he asked.

“I… got lost in the woods and needed mom’s help” I told him.

“You got lost in the woods” he repeated.

“You got lost in the woods” he said again hardly.

“I might actually believe you if you weren’t my daughter” he told me.

“Jay chill out we just needed to talk” my mom said soothingly, he glared at me before looking over at her. His eyes softened- wow thanks dad.

‘About what?” he asked.

“Just girl stuff” my mom told him walking forward and wrapping her arms around his waist, hugged her back.

“I might actually believe that if both you even acted like girls every once in awhile” he told us.

“Jay just let it go- neither of us were hurt” she told him in that magical voice she used on his that made him calm down. She always called him Jay, but when she was pissed off at him she called him Jase.

“You weren’t hurt?” he repeated lowly to her, I felt like I was intruding on their private moment so I turned around and went up the stairs hearing my mom assure him she was fine, I tuned them out after I heard my mom moan and went to Cole’s room.

He was asleep! What teenage boy sleeps this early on a Saturday night? I went down to the garage shedding clothing and started working on the 1967 mach 1 ford mustang fastback I was in the process of restoring.

Jayden came down after a few hours and silently started helping me. Jayden and I were close enough silence wasn’t awkward for us. Eventually we were seated on the concrete floor laughing our asses off. I completely forgot about him, and it felt amazing.

I finally went to bed, but I couldn’t sleep. I tossed and turned and fidgeted, I couldn’t keep still or get comfortable. I was exhausted but I physically couldn’t fall asleep. I flipped my pillow over turning on my stomach.

I couldn’t get his damned face out of my mind. It was permanently tattooed n my head. I forced myself to think about other things but my mind always wandered back to him somehow. I heard the front door open, and decided to go downstairs to see who it was.

I trudged downstairs finding Eli quietly shutting the front door.

‘Where the hell were you?” I asked she froze and slowly turned around pulling the hood off her head wide-eyed.

“I had a lot of my mind, I took a walk” she told me.

I snorted “Me too” I replied going to the kitchen hearing her quietly make her way upstairs. I made some macaroni and sat on the island cross-legged pondering the actual importance of having mates. Why couldn’t we just be like humans and pick who we wanted to spend the rest of our lives with?

I envy humans so much, they get a fee will on everything they do. They’re all equal and eventually die after their 100 years. Life means so much more to them because each day could be their last, they cherish everything. They live with the fear of dying; and it makes everything ten times better. Dangerous stuff gives them adrenaline rushes and love eventually ends with them. That’s what I want.

With us it’s different we can live for centuries with the same person. I mean can you imagine spending eternity with one person, literally. Not figuratively literal eternity; forever.  It must get so boring sleeping with the same person forever, waking up to the same face, arguing over the same stuff over and over. People who have mates for centuries must be miserable.

I can't imagine being committed to someone the remainder of my life. I shuddered and threw my spoon in the sink and went back upstairs. I laid back down and finally got to sleep after a couple hours.

________________________

I know its short- I'm sorry!!

But I absolutly loved all your comments!!!

Bye guys- love you!!!

Vote and comment and blah blah for more :3