Chapter 16

Six Months Later

Noah walked into Ruth’s flat as she lay in her bed, face down in her pillows, duvet almost covering her entire head making one of her feet stick out of the other end, sock hanging off the end. Noah yanked it off and tickled it. She rolled over, pulled her leg up and looked at her boyfriend with bleary dark blue eyes. Noah smiled at her and climbed on top of the duvet, cuddling her.

                “Morning, Ruth.” He whispered, kissing her cheek.

                “Grrr.” Ruth grumbled, Noah giggled. He climbed under the covers with her and she rolled onto his chest and tugged his shirt off.

                “Cheeky.” He chuckled. She smiled and kissed him with a passion. Desire rose in Noah’s groin. Ruth noticed and her hands moved down to caress his balls. The pair hadn’t had sex, but they both know it was getting that way. Noah pulled Ruth’s pyjamas off and everything set off in the incredible passion the pair had. Their bodies intertwined for the first time, a little painfully for Ruth as her learnt to stretch to Noah, but the pain was worth it for Ruth, to know that Noah loved her, to know that she had him forever, because she knew she loved him, and Noah knew that he loved her, because if he could wait 23 years for her to be ready for him, through everything else they’d been through, then she was totally worth every second they could have together.

The pair lay next to one another, cuddling; Noah had a grin strapped across his face. Ruth kissed his neck gently, feeling amazing from the experience.

                “Thank you, Ruth.” Noah whispered, gently stroking Ruth’s brown hair.

                “I should thank you, Noah.” Ruth smiled, rolling over and looking Noah in his hazel eyes.

                “You’re adorable, you know.” He whispered.

                “Yeah, I do.” She said cheekily, pecking his lips softly. Noah chuckled.

                “Get dressed you.” He laughed, standing up and pulling his clothes back on. Ruth walked, naked, into her bathroom and took a quick shower, and came out with a towel around her.

                “Put something nice on. I’m taking you out. I’ll be back in a minute.” Noah smiled cheekily. Ruth laughed and opened her wardrobe, tossing a black, strapless bandeau dress with a chiffon skirt and sweetheart neckline. She dressed, pulling nude tights on, a small, silver necklace with a heart charm that Noah had given her for her birthday, engraved with forever yours. She rarely took it off. She shut her bedroom door as she heard Noah come back onto her flat. She blow dried her hair after spraying it with heat protection spray. Once it was dry, she began curling it and then attacked her face with makeup, like she was a teenager again, not a 26-year-old woman with a fulltime job and her own flat. She opened the door and put her leather platform boots on, making her almost as tall as Noah. His jaw dropped as he saw her with long curled hair, a short dress, and healed, lace up boots. Noah was dressed in a white shirt, black blazer jacket, and black trousers. He looked extremely dapper to Ruth.

                “You look amazing.” Noah whispered, hugging her and kissing her cheek gently.

                “You don’t look too bad yourself.” Ruth giggled, kissing Noah gently.

                “Get your bag, we’re going pronto.” Ruth and Noah beamed at one another and headed out, Ruth grabbing her handbag before she locked up and scurried down the stairs after Noah. He drove them out of town and towards the nearest city. He parked in the multi-story car park and led her to one of the fancy restaurants.

                “I’ve never been here before.” Ruth whispered nervously.

                “Mum and Dad have been here, they say it’s really good.” Noah reassured her as they sat down. The waiter handed the couple menus and took the drink orders, lemonade for both of them. Ruth looked at the menu with uncertainty.

                “I am so lost on here.” She said nervously. Noah looked up, a little worried that he’d pushed the day too far.

                “Go for something that looks familiar?” Noah suggested. “That’s what I’m doing.” Ruth nodded and spotted chicken tikka masala on the menu and looked at it thankfully.

                “I found tikka.” She smiled, her voice relieved. Noah smiled,

                “I found lasagne.” Noah chuckled. A few minutes later the waiter took their order and took the menus. As he turned away he smiled at the pair,

                “You two are so cute together.” He smiled. Ruth blushed. Noah chuckled.

                “Thanks.” Noah smiled. The waiter walked away and Noah and Ruth just giggled at one another.

                “Was that just me being me or was that a little awkward?” Ruth asked, laughing.

                “Both, I think.” Noah laughed.

                “You didn’t have to take me out just because we did it.” Ruth whispered, blushing.

                “I was gonna take you out anyway. I planned this, just never told you.” Noah chuckled. Ruth looked a little amazed. “I wanted today to be a surprise, and earlier just made it more amazing.” He touched her hand, holding it tight. She blushed and smiled, giggling.

                “Have I ever told you that you’re amazing?” She asked, looking into his eyes,

                “Not like that you haven’t.” Noah whispered, feeling amazing as he saw the love shining in Ruth’s eyes. The food arrived and the pair dug in to their food. They chatted randomly until they’d finished. The plates were taken away, and Noah smiled kindly, softly, lovingly, at Ruth.

                “Ruth, you’re so wonderful.” He whispered before pulling a small box from his pocket and knelt in front of Ruth. He opened the box to present a small, delectate silver ring with blue and white diamond, the blue diamonds between the crossovers, four white diamonds each side of the crossovers. Ruth was gobsmacked, it was beautiful.

                “Ruth Charis Anthony, will you do me the amazing honour of marrying me?” Noah asked, smiling at the fact that Ruth looked so unbelievably happy.

                “Noah, I will.” She whispered. Noah slipped the ring onto Ruth’s left ring finger and kissed her, both smiling at one another, ignoring everyone around them. Ruth looked at the ring, admiring it.

                “Thank you so much.” She whispered, smiling at him.

                “I’ve wanted to do that for so long.” He whispering, grinning like an idiot.

                “I know.” She giggled. Noah smiled happily. The happiest he’d ever been.