chapter seven

I was a little frustrated on the chariot costumes, it was hard to figure out what to do -Ava

_

It was easy to say; Cato looked great. His features were outlined by the gold costume that matched my own. There was a light brown streak in his hair. Arm bands, like mine, wrapped his biceps. His biceps were bulging, the bands looked ready to burst.

"Hey Cato." I said. "Hey gorgeous." I blushed at gorgeous. I wasn't gorgeous. Was I? Snobaria rolled her eyes and shooed us, telling us to go to the chariot. The high heels were killing me, it was hard for me to get up. Cato saw I was I was struggling to get up. He pulled me up by my hand and we held hands for a while.

We were still holding hands when District One went out. Enobaria mouthed, 'Drop the hands.' Cato let go of my hand and his hand dropped to his side. We both stood stiff, and stared out into the cheering crowds.

Looking around, most of the costumes looked ridiculous. Absolutely hilarious.

But then District 12. Black unitards, leather, it looked like. And that's not all. They were on fire. Holding hands, and the crowd went insane. Katniss, the girl on fire, air kissed the audience. Peeta, waved. I had to admit, they were a pretty amazing duo.

I scowled, upset about all the attention a lower district could get. They're nothing without their stylists. Cato nodded, and I figured I had said it out loud.

Finally, after District 12, arrived to the end of the runway, we had all settled in front of the president's mansion.

President Snow was a scary looking man, with thin, wispy white hair. He was old, but a look of amusement and thirst for blood in his eyes. You could tell from miles away that this was all fun to him, and he couldn't wait for the blood part.

He gave us the same old boring welcome. Then the official anthem played, and he disappeared, and we all circle one more time and into the Training Center.

I notice everyone is staring at District 12 with death stares. Cato glares at Katniss and she turns a bit pale.

Good. They are nothing without their stylists. In the arena, they'll be the first to die. And Cato and I will make sure of it.

-

I'm editing these three years later and oh my god what was even writing this is so bad I'm so sorry