he’s our mate’ she sounded regretful almost.

I started looking around, and I didn't have to look far. There in one of the booths with three other guys was the King Thayne. Like the King Thayne. I knew him, in fact all of our kind did, anything not human knew of him.

He was the king of everything supernatural. Like everything, angels, werewolves, vampires, witches, demons everything. He was like the ultimate demon, the most powerful being on earth. Holy shit. My mate was a fucking DEMON for crying out loud. I was fucked.

Not just any demon- the freakin devil’s right hand man- no exaggeration. The most powerful, intimidating- let’s not forget sexy-, scary, cold-hearted demon in the world. The moon goddess sure did take my vote into account. Fuck her. When I die, I’m personally hiring wolverine to finger fuck her.

He was gorgeous. He had a smirk playing on his lips. His dark hair was perfectly tousled and curled in his eyes. He had a strong jaw line and stormy grey eyes with splashes of green and purple in the sea of dark grey; but they were cold and intimidating. He was perfect. His cheekbones were prominent he literally looked like a model.

He was huge. I mean he was the same height as me and I'm standing while he’s sitting. He was broad shoulder and his biceps were bigger than my head I could tell even through his black shirt and leather jacket. You could tell his chest was rock hard even through the two lairs of clothing.

You don’t want a mate, I reminded myself.

“we should um” I cleared my throat dropping my eyes to the floor, “We should go” I said giving him a last once over before turning back around to face my brothers’ confused faces.

now” I added in a hard voice through our mind link, confusion over took their features that so much resembled my dad it was ridiculous.

What’s wrong?” Jayden voiced in my head.

Let’s just go” I snapped back, following Isaac to the door, once the little bell rang and the air hit me, I let out a relieved sigh. There was still a tight feeling in my throat and my chest felt constricted making it hard to breath but I was fine.

It felt so wrong to walk away, a permanent horrible feeling settled in the pit of my stomach.

“What the hell was that?” Cole demanded, Cole was my ‘twin’ we looked nothing alike but yet we were born about 3 minutes apart.  I was older so kudos to my mom for pushing me out of her vagina first- if I wasn’t I would be the youngest and that would suck. I may be older but Cole was about 6,2 and motherfucking huge. He was almost the size of my dad, which is huge because my ad resembles the hulk.

I don’t know Thayne might be bigger, since when did I call him Thayne? That’s not okay. He’s a king, I should call him king Thayne- mate or not.

“Can we just go?” I asked him knowing extremely well if I could hear people talking in the parking lot, everyone in the diner could too.

He shot me a look and I shot him a ‘we’ll talk about it at home’ look. Cole knew me better than the rest- I mean we shared a room up until about 3 years ago when we turned 14- by choice. I unlocked my car and got in and pulled out pushing my car to about 234 on the way home passing my brothers easily.

That’s what I did, most girl’s danced, or cooked but like my mother I built cars. Eli danced not ballet or anything all my sisters were defiantly tom-boys I mean have you met my mother? She did the whole hip-hip street dancing thing. And Molly was the creative one who drew and painted (mostly on walls in LA illegally). Eden hasn’t really found her calling, she mostly just shops and eats ice cream.

I got to my house and immediately went inside to talk to my mom. She would know what to do. She’d probably give me some vodka and tell me to forget about him-but hey at least it would help. My mom was one of a kind, all my friends mom’s were different they were the cliché mom’s that were strict and harsh. My mom was chill and she always knew what to do- most of the time her advice involved vodka but she tried.

“Mom” I called loudly.

“Why the fuck are you yelling?” Noah demanded lying on the couch playing UFC 2010 on the x-box with Gabriel who was laid out on the other couch.

“Mom” I called again almost running in the kitchen, where the hell is my mother?

“Where’s mom?” I asked Noah and Gabriel.

“She’s upstairs doing something, I don’t know” Noah said shrugging.

“Why what’s wrong?” Gabriel asked as the front door opened and my brother all piled in.

I went upstairs checking all the rooms before going in my parents room seeing my mom on her bed playing x-box, talking with Eli who was in a very tight shirt that stopped above her pierced belly button and sweat pants and was a t the edge of the bed.

“Mom what should I do?” she asked.

“I don’t know babe punch her in face, knock her out” she said shrugging.

“So if I do will I be grounded?” she asked.

“well if you lose yeah you will” she told her, that was always her rule if we fought so what if we lost we got punished at school and home. I lost one fight in 4th grade and I was grounded for a month. Like I said one of a kind.

“Hey mom” I said, they both looked at me. I guess I sounded weak and scared because my mom actually paused her game and looked at me alarmed.

“Eli go downstairs” my mom told her.

“But mom-“ my mom threw a kick at her thigh and she walked out.

“And put the rest of that damn shirt on” my mom yelled after her.

“What’s wrong?” she asked me.

“I need help” I said.

“With?” she asked I sat crossed legged across from her.

“I found my mate” I told her.

 “oh…” she said, she completely supported my decision of not wanting a mate, she always told us about how she never wanted a mate and how dad locked her in cell for 3 months and she fought all the way up until they mated a year later. And they still get into heated arguments sometimes to the point my mom gives him a bloody nose and makes him sleep on the couch or if they’re that bad on the porch.

“Having a mate isn’t that bad” she assured me shrugging.

“Mom its Thayne” I said looking at her, she gave me a confused looked before she realized who I was talking about and her eyes widened.

“Shit” was all she said, making me let out a dry laugh.

“that’s unfortunate” she said.

“What should I do?” I asked her.

She looked at me “Vodka” she whispered. “Lots and lots of vodka” she answered.