15

"Dad, what the fuck are you doing?" I laughed out loud along with Melanie. I was recording everything, mainly my Dad because it was funny. "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm trying to twerk." He shouted through our laughter whilst trying to twerk along to the music. "You're doing a shit job at it." My Mum giggled out. Melanie and I were crying out tears of joy but I still managed to record steadily-ish. "I'm trying my best. It's the thought that counts." My Dad defended whilst sitting himself down in his seat. We were currently parked at the McDonald's car park, debating on who was going to order. We would've used the drive thru but we didn't want to be a disturbance to the public. We took off the music, trying to contain ourselves. I was still recording.

My Mum just shook her head and face palmed. She looked disappointed yet amused at the same time. "Why?" Was all that my Mum could sigh out, smiling. "What? That was my song. Don't pretend that you didn't like it." My Dad answered smirking. My Mum shook her head. "Why did I marry such a child?" She smiled. "Excuse you, you act like a child too." My Dad countered. I stopped the recording and put my phone away. "Well, that's another video to the gallery." I chuckled. "Wait, there's more?" Melanie asked intrigued. "I have like 50 videos of him specifically and some of my Mum but she rarely does shit like this. I mean, there should be at least ONE mature parent in the family." I answered, smiling. "Your Mum? Mature? Mature my arse." My Dad snickered, earning slaps from my Mum.

"I think Y/N and I should order the food. You guys are a bit to extreme for the peaceful civilians." Melanie suggested. I chuckled. "Are you suggesting that I am not extreme?" I asked in a fake, upset tone. "Hell no, you're something else." Melanie quickly responded, laughing. I smiled cheekily. "Ah, so I'm special to you." I slyly replied. Melanie lightly blushed, shaking her head. "Can Miss Confident at least stop for a bit? At least until we order our food." "I'll think about it." I quickly replied, getting out the car. "What? No fair." She whined, getting out the car and running towards me. I smiled when she slinged her arm through mines. She was breathing heavily. "What, was running to me too much exercise?" I asked, giggling. Melanie just glared at me, then hit me lightly until we entered the shop. "Oh my days, I can smell the diabetes already." I whispered into Melanie's ear, making her giggle lightly. There was a few customers in the shop and nobody in the queues.

Melanie dragged me to the counter, our arms still linked. "Woah, calm down. You'll get your food." I mumbled whilst smiling. "You must enjoy teasing me." "Yup." I said whilst popping the 'p'. "Just not in the way I would prefer to." I smirked. "Y/N!" She whined quietly. "Shhhh, save it for the bedroom." I added. Melanie blushed and unlinked our arms and folders hers. I chuckled at her behaviour. "Being cute isn't going to stop Miss Confident." I added, slinging my arm around her shoulder. She shook it off and turned her face away from me. "I hate you so much." She mumbled. "I'm sorry." I innocently sung. A small smile grew on her face, making me smile.

"You two are such a cute couple." The cashier stated. We looked over to him and smiled. "Oh, we aren't a couple." Melanie shyly replied. The cashier looked surprised. "Really? Well my apologies then." He apologised and smiled. He looked around our age and he didn't look too bad, if I must say so myself. "Well, what would you like to order?" He asked. We told him our order, gave the money and he told us to wait a couple of minutes. We sat down at a free table and waited. We sat opposite each other. Melanie was fiddling with her fingers while I just watched her. A minute passed by and she was still fiddling with her fingers. I put my hand on hers and stopped her with messing with her fingers. "Sorry, I'm just a bit shy." She mumbled whilst looking down at the table. "It's okay. No need to apologise." I said, letting go of her hands. I smirked at Melanie, which she returned with a confused expression. "You know, I can help you with my fingers." I remarked, earning a disgusted glare from Melanie. "You're disgusting." She shook her and and smiled. "Welp, let's get dirty together." I added. "Y/N!" She gasped, covering her face with her hands. I laughed at her until the cashier waved towards us.

"Your food is ready." He smiled. "Thanks." I said whilst smiling and pulled out 10 dollars from my pocket and handed it to the cashier. He looked confused. "You already paid." He added. I chuckled lightly. "I know, it's a tip." He smiled and gratefully took the money. "Thank you very much." "No, thank you for the bag of diabetes. Bye." I smiled and the cashier started to laugh. I walked towards Melanie. "Let's go." I smiled and we left the shop. We walked to the car and got in. "So, any cute people there?" My Mum asked. My Dad scoffed. "I meant for Y/N and Melanie." She reassured. "Oh thank God." My Dad sighed out, making us smile. "Yep." I replied, smiling. "Melanie." I answered, chuckling as Melanie blushed. "Your daughter is rude. Do you know the stuff this thing says." She laughed. My parents sighed. "Unfortunately, we do." My Mum replied. "Hey, I learnt from you guys. I grew up to you guys hoeing around." I defended. They both scoffed at me, making Melanie giggle. I crossed my arms and pretended to be angry. "Is little Y/N/N upset." Melanie mocked me whilst pinching my cheeks. I shook my head away from her and smiled. "I hate you." I mumbled, resting my head on her shoulder. "Mhmmm, I believe you." She sarcastically said, resting her head onto mines. My Mum started the car and drove us home. It was a calm and peaceful ride back.