9

I woke to my alarm and carried out my normal morning routine and got ready. I always got ready very quickly so I always had time to spare and today, I had half an hour until I actually had to exit the door. At home, I would normally watch 'Arthur' (don't judge me😂) but since I didn't really know any good American shows, I just mentally argued on whether to slowly walk to school or just sit at home doing nothing. My thoughts had gotten interrupted by someone knocking on the door. It was Melanie. "Hey Mel, what are you doing here?" I asked confused. "Oh well, I normally walk to school alone and since now we're friends, we might as well go together." She replied, sounding more like a question than a statement. "Well okay dokay then. We are pretty early to actually leave so we might as well chill inside." I cheerfully gestured her inside, causing her to laugh.

"Sooooooooooo?" I asked whilst we sat on the sofa. "Sooooooooooo." Melanie replied causing us to smile a bit. "What would you normally do before school, if you were this early?" I asked, looking at Melanie. "I don't normally wake up early, Heh. You see, I take sleep very seriously." Melanie replied. I laughed slightly. "What do you normally do?" She asked, tilting her head slightly to show her curiosity. "I'd normally catch up on episodes of shows that I've missed." "Cool, what shows?" Mel asked. "Not a lot of shows really, just one main one. It's called Holly-OH MY GOD I FORGOT TO WATCH THIS WEEKS EPISODES!" I shouted, making Melanie laugh a bit. "IT'S NOT FUNNY MEL. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT HOLLYOAKS IS." Melanie laughed louder, not realising the importance of that show. "I'm sorry Y/N, I don't think Hollyoaks even comes on in America." Melanie replied through her hiccups of laughter. "WHAT!?" I shouted. By now, Melanie was practically dying of laughter and I was just jungshOOk (Yes, I am one of them😂).

As I was bitching about a Soap Opera and Melanie laughing, we noticed my parents coming down the stairs. "What's going on here?" My dad asked, fatigue clearly shown in his voice. "Did you know that Hollyoaks doesn't come on in America? How am I supposed to get my entertainment? Nah mate, I'm not accepting this." I answered, hints of frustration shown in my voice. My parents just looked at eachother, then to me and back at eachother, now laughing along with Melanie. "WOW, THANKS FOR SUPPORTNG ME WHILST IM GOING THROUGH A CRISIS IN MY LIFE." I sarcastically said, sitting myself down on the sofa, crossing my arms. "Why don't you just watch it on the website or something." My mum suggested between fits of laughter. My cheeks turned slightly red due to embarrassment, causing my parents and Melanie to laugh. "Oh shit I forgot that existed." I mumbled to myself but loud enough for everyone else to hear. "Well aren't you lucky that you have smart parents?" My dad rhetorically asked. A smirk appeared on his face. "I wouldn't say 'smart' but whatever gives you pride." I cheekily replied. Melanie and my mum just laughed while my dad pretended to be offended. "Touchè, Y/N, touchè indeed." By then, we were all laughing together. "Shouldn't you guys be at school?" Mum asked.Melanie and I looked at eachother and back at my parents. "Ummm, you wouldn't mind dropping us off to school, would you guys?" I asked. "Let us quickly get ready and then we will." Mum replied. After 5 minutes, we all went into the car and started to drive to school.

"So Y/N, aren't you going to introduce your friend to us?" My dad asked. "Oh yeah. Guys, this is Melanie. Melanie, these are my parents." "Hi Mr and Mrs Y/L/N." Melanie shyly said. "Don't be shy with us and call us Mum and Dad." My mum said. "Oooooh, can I be the mum?" My dad childishly asked. Melanie and I were just giggling in the back. "You're so immature sometimes I swear." My mum added and laughed along with us. "I'm nOt iMmaTUrE, yOu ArE!" My dad childishly retorted. "Nuh-uh, you are!" Mr mum played along and Melanie kept on laughing."I...can't...breathe!" Melanie said whilst gasping for air. "Okay guys STOP! We're going to be late for school." I said, being serious for once in my life. "Okay mummy!" Both my parents said in sync. A smile grew on my face from my parent's statement. Melanie started to calm down a bit but then a question suddenly popped in my mind. "Wait, who is the dad then?" I asked, genuinely confused. "Hmmm, are you dating anyone?" My dad asked. "I just got here, how the flip am I meant to get in a relationship?" I asked. "Well, we all know you. You get around easy." My mum added, trying not to laugh. "I beg your pardon, what are you tryna say?" I asked, also trying to contain my laughter. "That you're a slut that doesn't have sex. And don't say that I'm being rude because you would shout that crap back at home." My dad answered, smirking knowing that what he said, is in fact, true.(I am such a questionable child.) "Um actually, I prefer the term "promiscuous to the point that it's unhealthy" thank you very much." I stated, earning glares from everyone in the car apart from my dad since he was driving,however, he did give me a scoff.

"Ooooo I got it, Melanie can be the dad." My dad stated. Melanie started to nervously giggle while blushing. "I don't wanna be involved with this." Melanie shyly said. "Awww why not, dad?" My mum asked. Both of my real parents were now laughing. "We are going to be late for school if you keep messing around. "Melanie replied, with confidence in her voice. "Yeah, she's right, listen to your father." I agreed with Melanie. "Who is "she"?" My mum asked. "Melanie." "Why should we?" "Cuz she's your dad." "So she's our daddy?" My mum asked, trying to achieve something from this conversation. "Yeah, I guess..." I answered, confused. "Wait, who is playing that role again?" My mum asked, smiling. "For God's sake, MELANIE IS DADDY! Oh my God, wait." I said, now understanding what I said and blushed lightly. I looked over to Melanie who also got the reference and started to blush as well. "I'll get my revenge." I threatened my parents. "Well maybe later cuz we just arrived to school." Dad said. Melanie and I got out the car and waved my parents goodbye. "I apologise... for all of that. Hehe." I apologised to Melanie. "Heh, don't apologise. That was one of the best laughs I have had... considering it's been a while." Melanie mumbled the last part but I still managed to hear. I patted her shoulder and she replied with a sad smile, which I replied with a silly face. We both laughed and headed into school, in search for Ashley and Troye.

(A/N Hollyoaks is literally my life. I will use older episodes, if I mention them, just in case I spoil it for some people. It won't be very old episodes, just like a couple of months ago. Anyways, hoped you enjoyed this, or found it bearable to read at some parts,hehe. Bai x3)