4

I woke up to my alarm that I set up for school today. I turned it off and reluctantly got out off bed and hopped into the shower. I then put on a black and baggy Adidas jumper and some black jeans with a pair of white converse. I honestly didn't really care what people would think of my choice of clothes because I wanted to feel comfortable. "At least I don't have to wear uniform like I use to" I quietly said to myself and headed downstairs. I ate some breakfast and checked the time. "7:00? School doesn't start till 30 past." I mumbled. "Eh, might as well go early and get my time table." I thought. And with that, I left the house and started my way to school. Once I arrived, I took a glance at the school. "Damn" I whispered as I scanned the building. There were students in little groups talking to each other, as I expected, and made my way to the office to get my time table. I knocked on the door and waited for a teacher to allow me to go through. "Come in!" The teacher inside said. I opened the door and stepped inside. "Ah, you must be Y/F/N!" I nodded. "I'm Mrs Brooke, the principle of this school. I assume you're here for your timetable?" She asked in a smooth tone. " Um, yes Miss." I replied. Minutes later, she gave me my timetable and I headed to my first class.

~skipping of the time~

"First class, English." I mumbled before walking into the class. As I stepped in, the students were already in their seats, talking amongst themselves as they were waiting for the teacher. They didn't really notice me, so I leant against the wall next to the door and waited for the teacher. Seconds later, the English teacher came into the room and silenced the students. "Hello class, as you may of heard, we have a new student in the class." The teacher said, motioning me to come to the front. "Would you like to introduce yourself?" The teacher asked me. " I'm Y/F/N and I moved from the UK. That's pretty much it." I casually responded. "I bet you drink tea 24/7!" One of the popular boys shouted out as he attempted to throw a ball of paper at me. Luckily, with my ninja-reflexes, I caught the ball, shocking the class. "I bet your IQ is as bad as your insults." I answered back, causing the class to laugh. "What?" The boy asked in confusion. "Exactly." I smiled back, as I successfully threw the paper ball into the bin, causing the class to laugh louder, even making the teacher giggle a bit. "Okay okay, that's enough. You sit down next to Melanie." The teacher said, pointing towards Melanie, who was asleep on her desk. "Melanie can you please wake up!" The teacher slightly shouted, causing Melanie to wake up immediately. This then made the class laugh again. A blush from embarrassment formed onto Melanie's face, as she looked down onto her desk. I stood there, quite frustrated at the fact people were laughing at her. I sat down next to her and the class finally quietened down. " Oh, by the way, my name is Mr Jones." He said before starting the lesson. Melanie was very quiet, unlike the other students, and she barely made contact with anyone.

10 minutes into the lesson, Mr Jones was pulled out the class by another teacher. As soon as the door closed, the whole class started messing around, besides from Melanie and I. The same popular boy wrote down something on a paper and scrunched it up. I ignored it but seconds later, the paper ball was on my desk. I opened it and a confused expression grew on my face as I read the words "fucking crybaby". I looked at the boy and raised my eyebrow and him and a few other students giggled. "That's not for you. Pass it on to Melanie!" He whisper shouted. This then caused Melanie to look up at the class. Her eyes started to water, causing a mixture of anger and sympathy to form in my mind. I scrunched up the ball, stood up, and aimed at the bin again. Thankfully, it went in and I sat down back at my seat. Everyone else was slightly shocked but I honestly didn't care. I glanced over to Melanie and we finally made eye contact in this lesson. I gave her a little smile and she gave a small smile in return and looked back down at her desk. "What a cute smile." I thought as I looked back down to my desk. Moments later, Mr Jones came back in. "Melanie and Y/N, can you please stay after class." He smiled at you both and continued his lesson. Why did he want us to stay? Did he see what happened? Did I already get in trouble? I guess those questions will be answered at the end of the lesson.