C H A P T E R _ 36

"So Colesha, Mister Tesla and I knew how well our company is expanding lately. Our newly established branch in France became a huge success for the company and our design was even chosen by their contestant for the worldwide pageant," panimula ni Tito Pol sa aming pagpupulong.

"Also, our sales are starting to rise and Connie Fashions is starting to get popular around the globe. However, there's a catch. We are the only fashion company that haven't dominated the southern part of Asia yet," imik naman ni Mister Tesla sa isang nagugulumihanang tono.

With a sip off of my frappe, ako'y tuluyan nang umimik, "So, what exactly are you proposing?"

"Well, since your Uncle Pol is your executive supervisor and your Aunt Trinity is the assistant manager as well as the third founder of the company—"

"—Wait wait wait," pagpuputol ko. "Third founder?" Pinaningkitan ko ng mata si Mister Tesla.

Biglang napatikhim si Mister Tesla at naglaro bigla ang katahimikan sa paligid kasama ang tensyon. Naputol lamang ang dead air namin nang umubo si Tito Pol.

"This is not the time to talk about the company's history, okay? It's all about the company's future name now," ani Tito Pol. "Anyway, let's get straight to the point. We are proposing to open up a new branch of Connie Fashions in the South Asia chapter to hold unto the company's territorial name."

"Also, we're now cooperating with the Piopongcos and their comrades to sponsor out the grand opening," ani Mister Tesla na mayroong malapad na ngiti sa kaniyang labi.

"If we are cooperating with the Piopongcos then why are they not here?" sabi ko naman habang medyo napapataas ang kilay.

Tila napaisip naman ang dalawang lalaki sa aking harapan. Napangisi ako.

"I'm declining this proposal," matapang kong sabi.

"What?!" they both exclaimed.

"Wait, Colesha," imik ni Tito Pol sabay lapit sa aking tainga at bumulong. "Bakit mo tinanggihan?"

"Oh gosh, Tito Pol. First of all, hindi niyo na po kailangang ibulong iyan sa akin. Okay, this is why I don't see this one working. South Asia comprises of culture-attached countries, which is not featured yet in our fashion line. The lineup of projects starts from the seasonal fashion, Spring being initially released, Autumn being under works, and Summer and Winter being the the upcoming projects which may take six months to be launched. If we count the days, starting today, October, November, December, January, February, March, April. April will be the last date for the seasonal fashion lines. After that, the proposed project of Mister Yu's Dynasty Collection will be under way, which will take two months after the half month break and then there would be a runway tour for that. Also, Yhtinia and Rhenz would have a very grave amount of time to catch up on their modeling rampage, considering that Rhenz is an artist in the field of music and Yhtinia is an actress. Oh, adding up will be Timepiece, Galaxial, Epidemia, and Portland projects to be designed by Ginger Sfernich, Wendy Coeln, and Mister Yu's beloved twins Fridget and Fernil. All of those projects are nowhere to be postponed because the contracts are all signed and considering you want to expand our company toward the South Asian border and you wanted all of those done A-S-A-P, then it would take three years or so before you could make that success you wanted with the outline of the Cultural Collection. Consider the factors, Uncle Pol, Mister Tesla," tuloy-tuloy kong sabi sa isang aroganteng tono. Hindi ko na kasi napigilang magsalia. Sa loob kasi ng apat na taon ko rito, lagi na lamang sila ang nasusunod making things worse and harder for me as the holder of the company. Lagi silang conflicting sa mga nagiging projects dahilan para ma-postpone ang almost half of the ideas and designs na nasimulan na and Ginger is very tired of that kind of system. Sa kaniya lang kami humuhugot ng impact dahil siya lang ang designer namin, considering na kasama niya sina Wendy at ang kambal na siyang guest designers lang at non-official sa kumpanya. I've talked to him and all she said na once na naulit na naman ang mga pangyayaring iyon, she'll quit. At isa iyong malaking kawalan sa kumpanya.