I then proceeded to tell Jungkook basically what I told Taehyung the other day in the cafe, about my parents, my research, and about how accepting Dr Kim's job will help me with it.

"So you have no doubt in your mind that the Busan Killer is someone else, and you are determined to find him," Jungkook stated. I nodded. he continued, "Alright, let's say if the Busan Killer really was someone else. Do you realise how dangerous what you are trying to do is? You have no idea what you are getting into."

"Yes, I know. But I need to find him."

"Why?"

My brows furrowed. "What do you mean why? He killed my parents. Is that not a good enough reason?"

"Yes. But why do I feel like there is something else? Normally people would go about avenging their relatives through the law, not throw themselves into the underworld. Why are you doing this?"

I was taken aback by his question. "I.. I don't know." What he said got me thinking. It was true, by all means, I could just start an online campaign or something, not risk my own life on a mission that I didn't even know how to start. So why was I so keen to do this?

I noticed the car had slowed and we had already arrived at the feet of a luxury apartment building. Jungkook drove the car into an underground car park and we got out, taking the lift straight to the top.

Yoongi's girlfriend was the one that opened the door and greeted us. "Jungkook. And hello, can I call you Sulli?"

I put on a smile to hide my nervousness. "Yes, of course."

"Great. I am Eunjung." She stepped aside to allow us in. I followed Jungkook and stepped into the amazingly beautiful penthouse. I saw that Yoongi was sitting on a sofa against a giant window. I couldn't help but to marvel as I looked around; it was all so ordered, pristine, and luxurious. Wow, what a life they had.

Yoongi stood up, with some difficulty, and gave Jungkook a hug. He shook my hand and said, "Welcome, Sulli. I would normally invite guests to my mansion, but you know, it's been blown up."

I chuckled at his dark humour. "Thank you for inviting me. How are you doing? Is your wound better?"

"Yes, Seokjin changed the stitching for me just a few days ago. I feel much better now."

"That's good." I smiled.

Eunjung walked past us and said, "The dinner is ready. Let's go to the terrace."

We all followed her out to an open part of the penthouse. A square table stood in the middle.

I went to the edge of the terrace, laid my hands on the railing and took in the vast sight of Busan's twilight view

I went to the edge of the terrace, laid my hands on the railing and took in the vast sight of Busan's twilight view. I closed my eyes for a second to feel the gentle breeze and slight jealousy crept into my heart. Oh, how I wish I had this life.