Chapter I: Destined Paths

*********(CLICK THE VIDEO ON THE SIDE TO LISTEN WITH MUSIC >:3)

Chapter I: Destined Paths

His name brings them smiles

His destiny intertwined with theirs.

He who will bring an end to the darkness...

And connect the pieces together.

The boy who will save them...

Sora.

Sora looked out at the horizon, watching the sun set. Vibrant colors of orange and pink trailed the sun with white clouds of cotton tailing behind. The waves of the ocean rolled in calmly and the rays of the sun made the waters sparkle like tiny gems.

A cool wind breezed past him and the white seagulls flew towards the setting sun, the light beginning to slowly grow darker. Sora closed his eyes, savoring the last moments he would have before embarking on his journey. He felt the soft sand under his shoes and breathed in the smell of the salty air that he would miss.

His journey ahead was going to be long and tough. Sora knew his responsibility was important. And he had to be ready for what he would face.

"You ready Sora?"

Sora turned to his silver haired friend, Riku, who stood next to him.

Smiling at his friend, Sora nodded. "Yeah. It's just...I feel like we've just came back home. And now we have to leave again."

"Yeah," Riku agreed, folding his arms and glanced up at the sunset. His blue-green eyes looked tranquil and peaceful as he gazed at the view. "But this world needs to be protected from the darkness. And all the other worlds out there. That's your job isn't it?"

"You mean 'our job'," Sora corrected his friend. He pointed a finger at Riku. "You, me, the King, Donald, Goofy, Kairi, and all of our friends are in this together." He held up his fist and grinned broadly.

With a small smile, Riku bumped his fist against Sora's and nodded. "Of course."

Sora chuckled and dazed off to the sky again. He sighed as he folded his arms behind his head and cocked it to the side.

"Say, Riku?"

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever wondered what would happen to us after everything is over? What if...what if we defeat the darkness and everything goes back to normal? What do you think will happen to us?"

"Huh," Riku said thoughtfully, putting his hands in his pockets. "I guess I haven't really thought of that."

Both Sora and Riku fell into a deep thought as they stood side by side on the edge of the beach. Once all this was over, if they won, what would become of them? What would the future be like once the darkness is defeated? Would everything be the same as it once was?

"I guess that just means we will have to start all over again," Riku suggested, breaking the silence.

Confused, Sora turned to Riku. "What do you mean Riku?"

"I mean once everything is over," Riku explained. "That just means that we will have to start our lives over and go down a new path, right?"

Sora's eyes widened at what Riku had said and grinned with approval. "Yeah! We can start a new beginning."

With bright smiles one their faces, Riku and Sora looked up at the sky together. The journey was ahead of them and this would be their last day to rest at home.

Xehanort had to be struck down and the time was now.

Although they did not know whether they would make this trip back alive,

they both knew,

That this would be the last time that they would ever see a sunset like this...

But they were ready

To save their friends

And to reconnect the pieces.

The time was now.