Companion

(Felix X Actual Fox! Reader)

No it's not a love relationship, your just an actual Fox who goes on adventures with Felix :3

Also did you know that if you encounter a Fox you can consider yourself lucky cause it's rare to see them

Me: Sweet I'm lucky

Sister: that's cause we lived on a farm

Me: point taken, it killed the chickens ;n;

Cousin 1: R.I.P Pecky

Cousin 2: We will remember you, as well as how tiny the eggs you laid were

Brother: who

Me: *middle finger*

Brother: *6 years old* Wht

Me: *Dies*

I'm sorry, on with the story!

Normal = Present

Italics = flashback

♦︎♦︎

(Your POV)

I ran through the grassy field, my paws sore from running so much, yet I didn't feel it, I was to scared. The dead chicken within my jaws bleeding, the taste of blood satisfying me, This would be my first and last meal for ages, or I thought.

The farmers cry's behind me made me panic more, yet I ran and ran. I knew I was faster than him so I believed I would be okay, I wouldn't, or at least not from him. As I was running I scratched my side on a tree branch. As cunning as I was I couldn't dodge it.

I let out a yelp in pain, but kept running. I soon came to a stream, a large one at that. Knowing I had to get to the other side I jumped towards the other side. Nope! I fell straight in as the current swept me far away. As. Came closer and closer to the waterfall I had given up, knowing my fate was sealed I closed my eyes, my fur was wet and tattered as I was nearing the end.

Then out of nowhere I was pulled out of the water, but I was too weak to open my eyes to see my saviour. I felt myself being tried off and a blanket being placed around me. For a Fox I knew a lot about humans or sentient beings, though that is one of the most cunning parts about myself.

Weakly I conjured up the strength to open my eyes. Their I saw a concerned looking cat. Weakly, I stood up, legs shaking as the blanket drooped down onto the grass. "Hey, watch it little one. You'll hurt yourself." He said, and I laid back down. "Come here." He said, holding his arms out wide, picking me up.

"You Okay?" He Asked, I let out a sqee in response. "Thank goodness." He said, placing me down at the other side of his camp. I sat down and stared at him, tilting my head in confusion as he rummaged through his bag.

He took out a white, circular roll and undid it. He then wrapped it around my damaged leg which I had been limping on. "There we go. Good as new." He smiled, Warmly in way that made me feel safe.

He then sat down by the fire, Staring at the flames as the cackled, providing us warmth as I snuggled up against his side. 'Why do I trust him?' I had thought to myself. I would usually run away from other beings, even if they'd help me. So why was I so drawn to him?

The thoughts in my head were overwhelming after what had just happened, so I let my mind rest, and I let my head fall down and lay against the ground, closing my (E/c) orbs and wrapping my tail around myself to keep even warmer, as I was still freezing from the river.

Gosh darn it, why am I being so trusting, I get that he saved me but either way... augh!

Thoughts were swirling around my brain like a tornado, causing a headache to form. Shaking my head lightly I left my mind to rest. The cat smiled down at me and began to let my fur. "Sleep well."

-

Limping, I walked up to Felix who was filling up his water bottle. He turned around and saw my limp. "Awh (Y/n)! What did you do?" He asked worriedly, scooping me up in his arms.

He walked over with me towards our setup, as Felix took out some of his items he'd use to heal me when I got injured. "This kinda reminds me of when I first met you" He laughed.

I let out a noise, indicating I was letting out a chuckle along with him. He smiled brightly at me and wrapped my leg up.

Felix sighed and looked down at me, "You've gotta stop getting hurt (Y/n), I'm running out of bandages." He told me, giving me a small kiss on top of me head.

Felix sat down and I hopped into his lap, sitting there staring up at him. He smiled playfully and gave me a scratch behind my ear.

I leaned into his touch as a cat or dog would, letting out a purr. "You act so much like a cat my little fox." He said as I closed my eyes, leaning into his touch a bit more.

-

I looked at the strangers Felix was traveling with from inside his backpack. There were four of them in total. I slowly nudged where Felix's back was, the alert him that I wanted to get out.

When I did this I realised that he didn't have it on his back anymore, as I tipped the backpack over, spilling out its contents like papers and pens, including myself.

I looked up to see him and the other four, getting sucked into the river. Eyes widening, I ran over to him and I tried to grab onto his tail but fell in after all the others.

...

...

I opened my eyes and found myself being carried. I looked up to see Felix. He smiled down at me. "Glad to see your awake (Y/n)!" He told me, setting me down on the ground so I could walked in my own.

I began to pad beside him as we made our way to find the others. Felix looked up to see a giant monster above him. He took out his dagger and as jumped into action, me at his side.

Once we took down the beast we let it smash down onto the floor right in front of the other four.

"That..."

"Was..."

"AMAZING!" Screamed the short one, catching me and Felix off guard."Who's this little one?" Asked the tall wolf. "This here is (Y/n), I've had her for a few years now." Felix told them.

I smiled as well as I could, tail wagging slightly. "She acts a lot like a dog and cat in one." Said Felix and everyone shared a laugh.

-

I weakly moved my paw towards Felix, who had tears streaming down his cheeks, Teeth gritted and eyes clenched shut.

I gently nudged his paw as he opened his eyes and scratched behind my ear, I leant into his touch one last time before closing my eyes, Forever...

Never to wake up...

"Goodbye my little (Y/n)"

———
Whats this? Motivation? :0

Enjoy anyway I'm gonna try to update more often, so get excited (??)