Chapter Nine

"What do you want, babe?" I asked Bethany.

  We were at a local cafè, that Bethany said was very good. The cashier waited patiently for us to order, while some of the baristas stood behind her, staring at me.

"I'll have a mocha with foam, sugar, and extra cream," She ordered.

"I'll take unsweetened tea," I said.

  I paid for the drinks and we sat down at a two seated table.

"Do you think they noticed?" Bethany whispered.

"Noticed what?" I asked.

"My bump."

  If I was drinking my tea, I would've spit it out.

"What?"

"Didn't you notice it?" She asked, surprised.

  I shook my head.

"Well, it's tiny, but it's slowly getting bigger," She whispered.

"How far are you?" I whispered.

"Almost a month."

  I nodded.

"Well, you're wearing a thick jacket, so I doubt they chould see it," I responded.

  She nodded and looked outside the window. She groaned.

"Don't say it. Let me guess: paparazzi and/or fans?" I guessed.

"Paparazzi," She sighed.

  She looked at me and grinned.

"So, Mr. Popstar, have you figured out how to get the supplies we need in order to make the...room?" She asked quietly.

  I nodded.

"I thought of it last night. I'm going to ask the boys to grab the supplies we need late at night, and deliver it to us in boxes; as if they have gifts for us. In case the paparazzi is watching the house," I explained.

"Then we'll store them in the garage. By the end of the week next week, we should have eveything we need and we can make it."

"Brilliant!" Bethany praised.

I shrugged nonchalantly.

"I know. I'm just smart like that," I said, calmly.

She laughed.

  We got our drinks and started drinking them.

"So, what about the baby shower?" She asked.

"Oh, that's a good question," I said.

"We can always invite Eleanor, Pierre and Sophia. I can trust them about the news," I suggested.

"Good. Cause they're my only friends, and I don't want them to miss it," She said, relived.

  I nodded and drank my tea.

"Will the boys come too?" She asked.

  I shrugged.

"Baby showers are kind of a girls thing, aren't they?" I asked her.

"May be, but it'd be nice to see them," She stated, shrugging.

"I'll see if we can make it 'manly' for them, I guess," I said.

  She laughed at my gruff voice when I said manly. We finished our drinks and and we left the cafè. The cameras flashed at us, but we ignored them. I grasped my hand into Bethany's firmly and we got into our car. We started driving away, and made it to our house without any paparazzi following us. When I parked the car in the garage, I closed the door and locked it.

"Harry?" Bethany asked.

  I walked into the living room with her, holding her hand.

"What?" I asked her.

"Do you think it's going to be a boy, or a girl?" She asked me.

  I looked her and shrugged.

"I dunno. I think it's going to be a girl," I said.

"I think it's going to be a boy," She smirked.

  I smirked back at her.

"Okay then. how about a bet? If I'm right, I get to name it. If you're right, you get to name it," I suggested.

"I don't know, Harry. I feel like you naming the child will be as good as your jokes," She said, weary.

"Excatly! So are you in or not?" I asked her.

  She looked up at me and grinned.

"Fine. But only because I don't back down from bets," She stated.

We shook hands and made it official.

"But you have the advantage, cause your 'little friend' determines the gender," Bethany muttered under her breath.

  I laughed and kissed her cheek.

"You never know, Beth," I said, shrugging.

  She nodded and went upstairs into our room. I put some cat food in Munchkin's bowl, as well as water in the other. He came running down the stairs and ate the food. I stroked his orange and white fur and went upstairs into the room.

  Bethany was in some fuzzy pajama pants with horses on them, and a thin, white, long sleeved shirt. She was relaxing on the bed, feeling her stomach.

"You alright?" I asked her.

  She looked up at me, back down at her stomach, and nodded. I lied down next to her and kissed her cheek.

"Harry, what if..." She faltered.

  I looked up at her, waiting for her to finish her sentence.

"My family has always had pregnancy problems with the first child. What if... what if I get a miscarriage?"

  I looked up at her, stunned. She's never told me this, and quite frankly, leaves me feeling a bit uneasy.

"You won't."

"But Harry, it's-"

"It's not going to happen. Not while I'm here," I stated firmly.

  She looked up at me, uneasy with my answer. I sighed and rubbed her arm reassuringly.

"Look, there might have been problems like that in the past, but this is the present. I believe that baby will be strong enough to make it. Don't think of the bad things. Think of the good, and how amazing it'll be to be a mother," I encouraged her.

  She was quiet. She finally nodded and looked down at her stomach.

"You're right. It's not going to help me-or the child-if I think negatively," She agreed.

  I smiled at her when she looked up.

"Good. I love you, Beth," I said.

  I kissed Bethany's cool lips.

"I love you too, Hazza."