Chapter Two

Meow.

  I groaned and shifted sides of the bed.

  Meoow.

  I put the pillow over my head.

  Meeoooww!

"Okay, okay! I'm getting up," I exclaimed to Munchkin.

  I sat up and brushed my messy curls out of my face and sighed deeply. Munchkin jumped onto my bed, lied by my hips and meowed quietly.

  I scratched behind his ear. His warmth was realaxing. I looked up and saw the time. Seven fourty five. I quickly got dressed and brushed my teeth.

  I walked downstairs and saw Bethany sitting on the couch, sipping coffee. Her blond hair was wet, and she was wearing sweats.

  I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat next to her. She woke up from her daydream she was having and looked at me.

"Hey Beth," I said, putting my hand on her tigh.

"Hi Harry," She said, smiling.

  I took a sip of the hot and bitter beverage.

"Did you sleep well last night?" I asked her.

"Yeah. You?" She replied.

  I nodded and sipped the coffee again.

"Harry...did you...?"

"Did I what?" I asked her, concerned.

  She looked at me, her face pale, and fear was shown in her eyes.

"Did you wear...protection?"

"Uh..." I started.

I thought back to last night...

  Shit!

"I don't think I did, Sweetie," I said.

  She stood up and started panting quick breaths. She dropped her cup and the glass shattered in a million pieces. She was shaking violently.

  She was having a panic attack.

"It's okay, Beth. Calm down," I said, attempting to sound calm.

  She ignored me and covered her ears with her hand, still panting and shaking. I quickly put my coffee away and frantically picked up the broken glass. I ran up to Beth and held her wedding style and rushed her to the bedroom.

  My heart was beating a million miles a minute. When Bethany had panic attacks, they're pretty severe. It's scary for her, and for me. I put her on the bed and lied her down. I lied down behind her, and wrapped my arms around her, my adrenaline pumping. With force, I got her hands off of her ears and she screamed. I shushed her and sang quietly in her ears.

  Out of the two years I've been with her, this is the only way to calm her down when she had panic attacks. She rarely even has panic attacks, but she has them sometimes.

  After about fifteen minutes, she finally stopped panting, and had a cold sweat above her brows. She was breathing heavily, and stopped shaking.

"What are we gonna do, Harry?" She asked, turning herself to face me, in my arms.

"I'm not allowing you to abort the baby, Beth. I don't feel comfortable with that," I admitted.

"And I don't want to put the baby up for adoption, if I become pregnant. We don't know who it'll go to," Beth added.

  We were quiet for a long time, thinking of options.

"If you get pregnant Beth, there's no other choice: We're raising it."

  She nodded in agreement, looking frightened. She looked down at her stomach and sighed deeply.

"What about the media? And the management?" She asked me.

  Crap. I didn't think about that, either. If I told the management she might be pregnant, I would be in some deep shit. Not to mention all the lies and headlines in magazines and talk shows. Some of the fans and most of the paparazzi will say horrible things about us, the band, and the baby.

  But what they don't know won't kill them, right?

  I sighed and ran my hand through my dark brown and curly hair.

"It's too risky to tell them, Beth. We are going to have to keep it a secret. Only us two and the rest of the boys can only know," I said.

  She nodded in agreement.

"Alright. I will go to the doctor's within the next two weeks to see if I am pregnant," She decided.

"Alright. Beth?"

  She looked back at me, her face being hard to read.

"I love you."

  She grinned.

"I love you too, Hazza."