Chapter Thirty-Six

JUST FYI AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER I HAVE AN AUTHOR'S NOTE EXPLAINING WHY I DIDN'T UPDATE WHEN I SAID I WOULD SO PLEASE READ IT SO YOU DON'T HATE ME LESS! xD

--------------------------------------------------- 

     In order to keep Beth safe getting to this breakfast restaurant, I decided to take one of our black Range Rover cars and drive us there. We were currently at our sixth stop light, but Bethany and I didn't mind waiting. 

     Bethany had requested to connect her phone to the car's bluetooth to play her music, and I agreed. The music played softly, currently playing Phil Collins. I kept my eyes glued to the road, trying to pay attention to all of the havoc going on in the city.

"Are you nervous?" Bethany asked, finally breaking our silence.

"Why do you ask?" I replied, turning left as the light turned green.

"Because you have that look like you're about to shit your pants." 

     I chuckled at her response, but nodded with her statement.

"I am a bit nervous, but it's nothing for you to be worried about. Let me do all of the worrying, alright? We don't want you and our little girl to have anymore needed stress," I admitted, quickly taking a miraculous free parking space by the restaurant.

     Bethany didn't respond, but I knew my words comforted her. After both of us got out of the car and locked it, we entered the restaurant, where we saw Zayn and Niall waiting for us in the waiting area.

"Hey guys!" Bethany smiled.

     She gave quick hugs to both of the boys.

"Simon is here. But act natural and you will be fine," Zayn smiled reassuringly.

     Bethany and I nodded and followed them to the giant and long table where Liam, Louis, Eleanor, Perrie, Dianne and Simon were seated, chatting happily.

"Hello Simon," I smiled, walking up to him to give him a quick hug.

"Hello Harry, how have you been?" Simon asked with a slight smile.

     Scared shitless.

"I have been brilliant," I smiled, trying to act natural.

     Simon nodded with a smile and Bethany walked up to Simon.

"Hello Simon, it's so good to see you again!" She exclaimed, giving Simon a quick hug.

     Simon smiled back. Out of all the women I have had a relationship with, Simon got along with Bethany the most. Probably because she never found Simon intimidating or harsh. She saw him as a man who was, at times, just brutally honest. She respected him for that. That alone is part of the reason Simon can get along with her.

"It's good to see you too, Bethany," Simon beamed.

     I helped sit Bethany down on her chair like a gentleman and sat next to her. On her left was Liam, and next to Liam was Simon.

"So how has the tour been doing so far, lads?" Simon asked.

"Very well, actually," Niall confessed happily, sipping his tea. 

     Simon smiled hearing our positive feedback on the tour and how we were. As we chatted, a waiter came to our table and we all ordered our food and drinks for Bethany and I. 

"So how have you been doing on the tour, ladies?" Simon asked, sipping on his coffee. 

     Bethany hesitated, but Perrie jumped in quickly to take off Simon's attention to her.