Chapter Eight

It's been a week since I've told Bethany about the tour coming up. Since then, I've been getting the cold shoulder from her. She won't talk to me, sit next to me, or even sleep in bed with me. I understand she's upset, but I can't post-pone the tour. I don't have the ability.

I decided to get out of bed and start making some coffee for another long and silent day with Bethany. I walked downstairs and saw Bethany reading a book in the living room. I sighed and went into the kitchen. I started making the coffee, and looked back at her. She was watching me. I turned away from her and continued making my coffee. I turned on the machine and waited for the coffee to be made.

I took out my phone and noticed Liam texted me. I opened the text and he wanted to know if I wanted to hang out sometime. I responded with a big fat: 'YES PLEASE' and sent the message. I looked back over at Bethany and saw her groaning and leaving the living room.

I sighed and poured my coffee in a mug. Before I could even put the mug to my lips, I heard her cry in pain. I put the mug down and ran to where I could hear her voice. I opened the bathroom door and saw her sprawled out on the floor, with glass shattered, and tiny beads scattered on the floor.

"Oh my God, Beth!"

I dashed towards her, while avoiding the glass, and picked up her fragile and tiny body. I put her back on the living room couch and scanned her arms. Some glass had impaled her calves.

I cursed under my breath and rushed into our bathroom and grabbed the tweezers. I grabbed a bowel and rushed back to Bethany. I placed the bowel on the floor, and I grabbed the tweezers. I started taking out the tiny glass shards in her calves and putting them in the bowel. She yelped in pain.

"My God, Bethany! What happened in there?" I asked her, worried and slightly frustrated.

She clenched the couch with all of her might, due to the pain. I placed another tiny shard in the bowel. I looked up at her, waiting for an explanation.

"I'm waiting for an answer, Beth."

She looked down at me, looking hurt and slightly angry.

"I was opening the mirror shelf to get some lotion, when a glass jar of the bath beads fell on the floor and broke. I slipped on something, and fell on the glass."

I exhaled and continued taking out the shards. She cringed in pain, and yelped as the last piece of glass was taken out of her calf.

I examined her arms, neck and head for any pieces of glass, but luckily there wasn't any.

I sighed of relief and hugged her.

"I'm glad you're not too badly injured," I mentioned.

She nodded in agreement. She sat up from the couch while I disposed the glass.

"Do you want some medicine for the pain?" I asked her.

I looked behind me to look at her. She didn't respond. She was ignoring me again. I groaned and slammed the kitchen counter tops. It surprised Bethany, making her jump and turn around to look at me.

"Bethany, it's been a whole fucking week since you've talked to me! A week! I can't stand this cold shoulder shit anymore! I'm sorry that there's another tour and that I'll not be there for you and miss everything, but there's nothing I can do to stop it! God, why are you taking your silent anger out at me?! It's only making me feel worse!"

She didn't respond, processing what I've said.

"I fucking love you, Bethany! Can you not fucking see that?! I wish you could come, but Simon said no! God damn it!"

I dashed out of the kitchen into the extremely large backyard, heading towards the small shack house. I slammed the door and looked around. It had one bedroom and one tiny bathroom that only had a toilet. It had electricity, and had only three windows. Two in the front, one in the bedroom. I got in the king sized bed and curled up into a ball under the bed sheets, angry and upset.

My mind was over flowing with thoughts of her, and if I was too harsh on her. I rolled my eyes after thinking of that. I don't think I was. If I was, she would've told me.

But she won't talk to me.

Shit.

I get out of the bed and sighed. I fucked up. God, I hate myself right now. I stood up and opened the door. There stood a blood shot eyed Bethany, wimpering. I immediately hugged her and took her inside the shed and sat her down in the bed. She clenched my shirt so hard that her knuckles turned white. I shushed her and calmed her down while she sobbed.

"I-I'm sorry Harry. I just got-got upset that you would be gone throughout all of my pregnancy, and I couldn't handle that. So I-I took it out on you with a cold shoulder. I'm so sorry," She explained, hiccuping.

I rubbed her back in tiny circles.

"I forgive you. Listen, what I said back there, it was kind of harsh. I'm sorry I snapped at you," I apologized.

"It's okay. I forgive you," She said, sniffling.

She eventually calmed down and exhaled.

"So, Harry," She started, brushing her long locks back.

"Can we hang out tonight?"

I smiled warmly and kissed her cheek.

"I'd thought you'd never ask."