Chapter Five

I woke up to Bethany retching in the bathroom. It frightened me more than it should have, but in under a second, I ran into the bathroom and rubbed her back while she emptied her stomach. Morning sickness was a bitch to Bethany.

  Once she was done, I flushed the toilet and Bethany washed her teeth and tongue. When she was done, I got a wash cloth and applied cool water on it. I squeezed the extra water out and waited for Bethany to crawl back in bed. I put the cool and wet cloth on her forehead and kissed her cheek.

"You feeling okay, babe?" I asked her.

  She nodded and raised her hand on the side of my face. She looked so helpless and exhausted; it made me feel so bad for getting her pregnant. I placed my hand over hers on my face and grinned.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this, Bethany," I admitted, saying it in a whisper.

"It's alright, Harry. It'll be well worth it when the baby is born," She smiled.

  Damn, I got to hand it to her; she's being pretty good at looking at the positives than the negatives right now. It impressed me. If she's handling this well, then I can too; right?

  I smiled back and gave her a lingering kiss on the cheek. She smiled happily and said goodnight to me. We exchanged our I love you's and after I wrapped my arms around her, I lied my hands on her abdomen, and fell asleep in peace.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

  I woke up with Munchkin meowing at me again, telling me to get up and feed him. I sighed deeply and yawned. I looked over at Bethany and saw that she was sound asleep. I carefully and quietly got out if bed, hoping that she could get in as much sleep as possible. I went downstairs and fed the demanding cat. He purred happily and ate what was on his plate.

  I went to the kitchen and started making myself breakfast. I started making blueberry pancake mix, humming a tune. I turned on the stove, and once it was hot enough, I started cooking the pancakes.

  I couldn't help but think about the baby. Will it be a boy or a girl? I would love to have either a boy or girl, but I personally think the baby will be a girl. I wonder what Bethany and I would name it. If it will be a girl, I would want to name her Darcy. Darcy just sounds like a really beautiful name to me, and the name is pretty unique. Just like the baby.

  I flipped the pancakes and started making coffee. Once the coffee machine started making the coffee, the first batch of pancakes were done. I put them on a large plate to let them cool. I poured another batch of pancake mix and let those cook.

  Munchkin started to meow loudly, demanding for attention. I looked down at him and sushed him. He meowed again, much louder this time.

"Munchkin, shh!" I hushed.

"H-Harry?" Bethany called quietly.

"Munchkin! Look what you've done now!" I hissed at the cat (no pun intended).

  Bethany walked downstairs, wiping the sleep out of one of her eyes, with messy hair. She looked exhausted.

"Hey, babe," I said.

  I hugged her once she came in the kitchen and kissed her forehead.

"How are you? Did you sleep okay?"

  Bethany shrugged and lied down on the couch. Munchkin walked up to her and purred happily. She shooed him away, and he meowed as he went upstairs.

  I handed her a plate of the blueberry pancakes. She thanked me and began to eat them. I finished making the second batch of pancakes and then cleaned up my mess. After that, I sat next to Bethany. I sat her down on my lap.