Tuesday

Namjoon: Mind if I come over today?

Seokjin: My class is done in 5, so sure <3

Namjoon had a strange talent for remembering places even after visiting them just once, so finding Jin's dorm room was no problem. Jin welcomed him inside with a smile. For some reason, his smile seemed a bit more strained than usual.

"Hey, are you alright?"

He frowned. "I'm alright, just stressed. I have to write this stupid essay by tomorrow. I wanted to see you so bad, but you're going to have no fun here with me glued to my laptop. I'm really sorry..."

"Jin, it's totally fine! I get it. I'll let you work in peace. We can hang out later," He soothed.

"But I like having you here..." Jin whined softly.

"Hmm," Namjoon stewed. "You get to work, and I'll make you dinner, alright?"

"You'd do that for me?" Jin gasped, thankful beyond words. "Thank you thank you thank you thank you! You're the best! Wait a sec.." He peered at his boyfriend suspiciously. "All I've seen you cook is a PB&J sandwich. Are you really up for this?"

"C'mon, have more faith in me. I'll cook you the best dinner you've ever tasted. Promise."

This is going to be the worst dinner he's ever tasted. Why did I do this? Namjoon agonized, No, this is for Jin, and he'll appreciate whatever I make for him. Unless it sucks. I'll just make grilled cheese for him. There's no way I can mess that up.

Jin was, of course, doubtful, but he really had to get going on this essay, so it would have to do. Besides, a meal made by Namjoon would taste delicious no matter what it was. He was a culinary master, of course, but he was also willing to try all sorts of oddities, if they were made by his boyfriend. Hell, if Namjoon made him a fried cockroach, he'd be half tempted to try it.

The sentiment was a sweet gesture. It had better be put to use, too, because at the rate Namjoon was cooking, Jin's heart of gold was going to be tested to its limits.

"I didn't just burn this," Namjoon groaned to himself. "This is totally charred."

He tasted the melted cheese. It was warm, gooey and tasted just like it should taste.

This is fine. I didn't screw up too bad. 

"Hey, dinner's ready," Namjoon whispered, as not to disturb him.

Jin tore his eyes away from his laptop and grabbed the plate. "Thanks so much. I don't know what I'd do without you, seriously."

"Ah," Namjoon smiled, trying to hide his nerves. "Anytime."

He eyed the sandwich hesitantly. The bread was burned to a crisp (was it even bread at this point?) but the inside looked well done. Besides, it was Namjoon who made it, so he'd eat it.

Jin took a small bite. The bread was tasteless, except for a burning aftertaste. All in all, the outside was, well, gross. He grimaced.

The inside's good, though. I'm finishing this. He made it, I'm finishing it!

"It's good! Thanks, Namjoon."

He crossed his arms. "Liar."

"No, no!" He waved his hands in indignation. "It's good, I like it, I'm going to eat all of it. Now leave me to my work."

Namjoon smiled. Jin was a terrible liar. Still, it was satisfying to see him eat something that he worked so hard on. Like so many things that Jin did, it made him happy.

"I think I'll work on my writing," Namjoon said, starting to turn around. "Good lu-"

Jin stood up and gave him a quick hug. Being shorter than Namjoon, he was able to nuzzle into his neck. He let out a relaxed, yet slightly shaky sigh (probably due to his stress).

"I'm so lucky to have met you, Namjoon. We've barely been dating a few days, but I know this isn't a mistake. Thank you."

Namjoon hugged him back and nuzzled his nose into Jin's soft hair.

"Same here. Thanks for going out with me. Now get back to your essay. I don't want to be the reason you fail!"

Around nine o'clock, Jin fell asleep at his laptop. Namjoon finally realized that he had to go home (and after all the writing he got done!) so he made a cup of coffee for him, and shook him awake gently.

"C'mon, wake up. You're close to finishing. I bet you won't even have to pull an all nighter."

Jin let out a loud snore and opened his eyes with a start. "Huh...? Oh, g'morning...did you spend the night?"

"No, it's nine. You have to keep working, and I have to go."

He sat up quickly. "Ah! Okay! Gah, this'll be the death of me." He gave his boyfriend's hand a quick squeeze. "See you later, Namjoon. Get a better sleep than I will."

"Hang in there," Namjoon said, walking away, "Summer break is on it's way."

Namjoon closed the door behind him, leaving Jin with his work, the remains of his grilled cheese sandwich, and the warm scent of Namjoon on his hoodie.