Wednesday

Jin wasn't at the library that day. Namjoon had only known him for two days, so the loss was nothing painful. Life there went on as usual. The sweet smells and bright sun of early spring tempted him into the open, and perhaps he could have gone outside if he wanted to, but there was no real reason.

He picked up a familiar friend, The Fault in Our Stars. John Green was no merciful writer, but he was comforting, because at least Namjoon could expect the heartache.

"May I see you again?" he asked. There was an endearing nervousness in his voice.

I smiled. "Sure."

"Tomorrow?" he asked.

"Patience, grasshopper," I counseled. "You don't want to seem overeager.

"Right, that's why I said tomorrow," he said. "I want to see you again tonight. But I'm willing to wait all night and much of tomorrow." I rolled my eyes. "I'm serious," he said.

Against his better judgment, Namjoon was getting serious Jin vibes from that interaction. And writing a phone number in a book, like Agustus had done, was a very Jin-like thing to do. 

Of course, that was assuming Jin wanted his number. Which he didn't. Because as per the laws of every teen novel ever, that meant someone was romantically interested in you-which Jin was not. Obviously. 

His thoughts shifted from the book to real life. How would he know how dating worked, anyway? The last girlfriend he had was in third grade for a week. Girls were more interested in his friend, Hoseok, then him (and that was before Hoseok moved). There were no teenaged boys that he was interested in either, so that was out.

Back to Jin. Namjoon supposed he could be a friend. Considering how Hoseok was more of a pen pal at this point, the position for "close friend" was open. 

Thinking about books was much easier than thinking about people.

Thinking about people was interesting and complicated. Even the most intricate story character could never come close to a living, breathing human being.

All this pondering made him want to send a text.

Namjoon: 'Sup, Hobi? How are things?

A few minutes later, his phone buzzed. 

Hobi: Good, but I can't wait to get out. Graduation can't come soon enough.

Namjoon: But then you'll have to say goodbye to Yoongi and Jimin...

Hobi: True...but I can keep in touch~

Hobi: And I can see you sometime! I miss my old friend! Met anyone interesting since I left? Any new friends?

He was tempted to mention Jin, but he still wasn't entirely sure what that odd boy was to him. 

Namjoon: Does the library count?

Hobi: Ah, I don't think so. You're so interesting, Namjoon! You'll meet a friend, promise ^^

Namjoon: Thanks :)

Hobi: I gtg. Text me later~!

Namjoon: Yeah, bye

 For the first time in a long time, Namjoon had to take a book home in order to finish it.