Thursday

Seokjin: Hey, I know you're at school rn, but do you want to do something else after school?

Seokjin: Can I come over?

Namjoon replied a few minutes after the bell rang to signal the end of the day.

Namjoon: Sure, I'll text you my address. Pretty sure you're not a stalker at this point

Seokjin: You never know, mwhahahaha

His mom was at work, so he wouldn't have to deal with her (friendly) teasing when Jin visited. She'd most likely end up meeting him eventually, but he wasn't in the mood to have her ask when the wedding was.

So he decided to send Hoseok a quick text-it had been a bit. 

Namjoon: I'm having a friend over today

Hoseok replied fast.

Hobi: A "friend"~?

Namjoon: Don't take it the wrong way...

Hobi: Yeah sure ;)

Hobi: Anyway, is this that Seokjin guy you told me about?

Namjoon: Yeah

Hobi: Is ur mom home?

Namjoon: No...

Hobi: Lol. Friends, for sure~

Namjoon: Ha ha. I hear knocking, text u later

When he opened the door, Jin stood before him, backpack slung around his shoulders like he had just returned from a lecture. His hair was windblown, messy and stuck up on some ends. Jin had always put meticulous effort into his hair, so seeing his hair looking anything but perfect was new. Not that Namjoon minded. Actually, it was rather cute. 

"Hey Namjoon! Can I come in?"

He placed a finger to his chin and tapped in mock thoughtfulness. "Hm, not sure. Last time I checked, vampires are supposed to ask if they can enter, so..."

"I'm no Edward, trust me. I don't sparkle in the sun. Which is probably a good thing. I like going outside."

"Still not sure if I should trust you..." He pressed.

"I made cookies!"

Namjoon held the door open. "Come on in."

Jin set his bag on the couch observed the room.

"Nice place."

"Thanks. Two bedrooms, wifi. Can't do better."

"And the couch is cozy!" Jin cheered, flopping onto the light green sofa.

"You got comfortable quick," Namjoon observed.

"Yep. And I'm paying you back with homemade cookies. They're in my bag, so go ahead and find them."

Namjoon dug through the backpack's contents. Textbooks, sheet music, his Eleanor and Park novel that he had yet to return, notes...cookies! He pulled a sandwich bag containing chocolate chip cookies.

"I figured chocolate chip was the best way to go," Jin commented.

"Totally," Namjoon agreed. He took a bite and it was delicious. "Jin! These are amazing. What'd you do?"

 "I made them with love...and a few strands of my own hair. Kidding! I'm glad you like them."

"They're awesome." He tossed Jin a cookie. "You seriously made these for me?"

"No, Namjoon, I'm letting you eat one and then I'm feeding the rest to the neighbor's dog. Of course they're for you. And your mom. I want to make a good impression."

"Why?"

He glanced away. "No reason. I just think, as your friend, I want your mom to like me."

"Got it..." Namjoon said slowly, as if weighing Jin's words. He noticed himself blushing, but ignored it, deciding to change the subject. "Want to play Mario?"

Jin smiled at him in relief. "I thought you'd never ask."