Chapter 2:

As I walk towards the C.E.O. office. The nervousness is getting on me. My legs are like wet hot noodles. For what reason was I called? This day is the most awkward day in my life.

As I knock three times to this dual orchid-black colored door, open it, and greets him, "Good morning Sir..."

"Please have a seat... I want to have in-depth conversation with you right now..." I sit on his red comfy office chair that seems like machinery knitted. I then lay my hands on my lap while I take a look at the surroundings to see how nice and simple the place is.

I can see the cityscape of Manila and its bay at the back of Mr. Johnsen, revealed by a 180 degrees view-resilient thick glass. How enthralling and supreme is the scenery. It suddenly made me feel victorious as this place is the location of the highest position of this company.

"Miss Verano, I know you for only a few years but your service and patience have welcomed me greatly with true compassion," He says.

"Why? Thank you, Sir..."

"Your resume says that you are an outstanding student since elementary and managed to sustain it till High School. You have finished two degrees and a lot of National Certificates. You also entered our program to be a private pilot for this company," he adds with power, "You are majestic!"

"Pleasure..." that is all I have to say.

"I'm sure, that the news reached you as of today. As you're the only one who is really eligible to talk with me."

"Indeed..."

"Miss Verano, you seem a bit overwhelmed?"

"I am, Sir..."

"What do you think I am going to tell you know?"

"I think of... that you're going to retire now..."

"That's true but there's another reason..."

"And what is that Sir?"

"I'll need you to fetch the son of my close friend of mine later at night with a helicopter at his cruise ship, I'll give you a raise. He's a very important person as his father holds a big share in this company."

"In any case why are you retiring already, Sir? Will I ever see you again? I will miss you?"

I thought it was something terrible.

"Well this old fart is already tired. Well I'm of course going to visit this company to make sure my son is at good terms. Also I might stay already with my wife at our rest house in Batangas."

"No health problem related?"

"Yes, perfectly healthy!"

"How about the coordinates of your son's location?"

"Coordinates!" he says with a shock. "I don't know hell such things about that. I'm amazed. In anyways, I'm going to send a paper to you later if I manage to contact Dranel about what you're asking..."

"I'm finished then?" I ask.

"Wait for a second," he says while he pulls out his table drawer in front of him and gives me two pristine white envelopes with a blue wax seal that has an initial of 'R.J.'

I receive it from him and murmurs, "For what is this for?"

"You are invited to the company's farewell party for me. It will happen by tomorrow evening. Read the invitation to know more detailed niceties."

"What! Tomorrow," I realize that my voice was high and I apologize for it, "Sorry, Sir..."

"No hard feelings, I understand. Though a letter will be enough as a gift for me..." he smiles faintly with compassion. I pitied him.