Chapter 33: Lies Never Stay Hidden

Hey everyone I hope everyone has been doing alright :)

Anyway some people have been asking if there will be a sequel so if you would like there to be one just comment below and thats it for today.

So Please VOTE, COMMENT and ENJOY!!

Chapter 33

You know the feeling you get when you know something will happen but you’re not sure what it is, well that’s the feeling I have now as I sit in the school car park only 10x worse because I know the thing that will happen if Max has told Cory.

I do another quick scan of the car park looking out for Cory’s car which has still not arrived and this is very strange considering he is always early to play basketball or hang out with his friends.

After spending a solid ten minutes in the car hoping to dear lord this day would just never happen but I as I look at the clock the bell will ring in about two minutes so I take a deep breath and step out of the car.

“Hey I was just about to knock on your window,” Casey announced leaning against the car, “are you alright?”

“Yeah just Faith didn’t want to say goodbye this morning and had a little bit of a meltdown,” I replied locking the car.

“Oh okay,” Casey said with a nod.

“Come on let’s get going,” I suggested we then walked off into the building with little chatter.

I braced myself for homeroom knowing that I will have to face Cory if he comes today, I walk inside and to my surprise no Cory but maybe he just wants to spend a day with Max who he hasn’t seen for a while.

Mrs Gutteridge did the notices as usual and talked to students about various things.

Today I sat around the middle with a few juniors who seem pretty cool but I’ve never really have talked to them before.

“Anyone seen Cory today,” Mrs Gutteridge called out across the room.

Everyone either shook their head or called out ‘no’.

“Hey Miss sorry I’m late Max forgot where the bloody school was,” Cory announced making however knew Max laugh including Mrs Gutteridge.

“You’re lucky I was about to send in the role,” Ms replied.

“People do say I’m lucky,” Cory replied with a laugh.

“Of course they do Cory, go sit down,” Ms said rolling her eyes.

Cory then walked down the aisle scanning the seats available which isn’t very many.

“Hey Cory,” I welcomed with a small wave hoping there would be no hostility.

He looked down disappointment written all over his face he opened his mouth to say something but he just found a seat at the back and opened up one of his school books and read.

Great, he knows what in the world am I going to say when he asks me I can’t I basically already told Max and Mom knows so she’s probably told Cory’s Mom as they gossip about every little thing.

Three words, I AM SCREWED!!

Then everyone automatically got up and raced out of the room that’s when I realized I had been day dreaming like a complete idiot.

“Is everything alright Hillary,” Ms asked collecting some papers off her desk.

“Yeah everything is perfectly fine,” I replied I think more trying to convince myself more than Mrs Gutteridge.