Chapter 36: The Aftermath

I am offically apologising for the stupid amount of time I've made you all wait... Even if people still read this. I hope this chapter doesn't disappoint and I've already written a few more. So here it is the long awaited... Chapter 36: The Aftermath

I take a deep breath as I'm excused from my detention and I can already tell how much crap Casey is going to be in on Monday. The halls of school are dead that is until I hear sobbing I follow the sound reluctantly to see Casey at her locker... tears running down her face. I stop looking back and forth not knowing whether or not I should see if she's okay.

"Of course you had to be here right now," Casey announced slamming her locker shut.

I guess that means we have to talk.

"I'm sorry, I'll just leave," I apologize not wanting to start another fight so I turned around and started on a different route to my car.

"Wait," Casey called.

I turned around to see her making her way over, I stand in silence not knowing what to say.

"Cory just broke up with me," Casey announced.

"Oh, um I'm sorry," I told her sincerely. 

"Why are you sorry I heard what happened with you and Jesse so you now have Cory to yourself," Casey replied.

"I don't want Cory... I haven't for years," I explained clearly.

"Yeah right, I see the way you look at him, it's the same way he used to look at me," Casey said wiping away a tear.

"I do not love him I promise. But why did you guys break up?" I wondered.

"I cheated on him," Casey announced looking to the ground.

"What? Why? With who?" I questioned in shock.

"I was frustrated and convinced Cory and you were up to something," Casey said.

"Why didn't you just ask him," I wondered.

"I couldn't bear the embarrassment, Alex came over one day with some drinks and one thing lead to another," Casey explained.  

"Oh, then how did he," I started to ask before she interrupted me already knowing I was about to say.

"Alex told him."

"I guess I'm sorry if you need anything come talk to me," I told her.

Casey looked around wiping away the tears before she looked at me and gave me a heartfelt smile.

"Thank you," she said.

***

After I got home yesterday after my detention and half hour long lecture from Mom about fighting Jesse rung to say good night to Faith but before he hung up he muttered something into the phone the only word I heard though was, leave and Cory.

 It's been about two weeks since the massive fight between Jesse and Cory. Jesse does call but over the last couple of weeks his calls had been becoming less frequent and that has had a massive effect on Faith. She's having trouble sleeping, eating and for a two and a bit year old she was pretty good with the tantrums but now they happen at least once a day.

It's taken me until now to realise but what Jesse said when he left that Cory deserves to be a father to Faith is absolutely true. He should have a chance but I'm just not too sure how Faith will handle another Father coming into her life as she has only known Jesse.

From Cory: Look out your window. The text read.

So I got up off my bed to see him holding up a sign that read, Meet me in the tree house NOW!