Chapter 7: The call from Sophie

Chapter 7

25th of September

“Sophie, hi,” I answered the phone.

“Hey lil’ sis,” Sophie replied. “How are you, how’s school sorry I didn’t ring sooner I’ve been a bit busy with senior year and all.”

“I’m okay I guess,” I said in an uneasy tone.

“Well that’s okay, how’s life been?” Sophie asked.

The idea had been in my head for a while I’ve always wanted to this is my chance.

“Sophie can I move in?” I questioned.

“Oh um well I can ask, but why?” she wondered.

“I thought you would be happy of my maybe moving in,” I asked feeling hurt.

“I am but I thought you were happy up there,” Sophie wondered.

“Something’s happened Sophie,” I said.

“What’s happened Hillary you sound upset?”

“Sophie can I trust you,” I wondered not answering her question.

“Of course you can… Hillary what’s wrong,” Sophie asked in concern.

“You cannot tell anyone,” I repeated, if she told anyone what I’m about to tell her I would die.

“I promise Hillary, your starting to scare me,” Sophie replied concern lacing her voice.

“Okay well... I’m pregnant,” I whispered.

 The phone went silent on her end for a minute, I knew that I have to give her time to respond, it was just her; Sophie hated being surprised so when you did you didn’t interrupt her thoughts, if it’s a bad surprise that is.

“Pregnant, really, so that’s why you wanted to know if you could come live with us,” Sophie stated shock in her voice.

“Yes do you think.”

“Have you told Mom?” she questioned interrupted me.

I took a deep breath then replied, “No.”

“Well I’m not going to ask Dad until you tell Mom,” Sophie informed me.

“Sophie please that’s not fair,” I whined.

“Well I know that you will just tell Mom that you’re leaving and not tell her the actual reason,” Sophie said.

“God why must you know me so well,” I sighed.

“I’m your sister and I want what’s best for you so don’t call me back until you’ve told Mom. Look I have to go but I’ll talk to you soon see ya bye love you,” she rushed out hanging up before I could answer.

“I love you,” I muttered, to the phone.

“We’re home, and have pizza,” I heard Mom call.

I jumped up off the couch greeting everyone at the door.

“Smells great how was your day?” I asked following everyone to the kitchen.

“It was beautiful you should’ve come,” Mom said placing down the boxes on the counter opening the lid.

“Yeah I wish I had but I did have some things to do today,” I replied grabbing a piece of supreme pizza taking a seat.

We spent the rest of the night taking about our day I now that I had to tell mom soon I’m already showing slightly, but it can wait for another night.