Chapter 24: You're My Only Shorty

Start from the beginning

“I just want a really small wedding. Close friends and our parents.”

“That’s it?”

“That’s it,” I said, “I don’t want to start inviting all of our friends and all of our family because that’s way too many people. We can invite our friends, our parents, and siblings of course. David would hate it if I forgot to invite him.”

“That’s not possible,” Dylan said, “David comes over every day to either borrow something or talk to you or hang out with me or your dad. He would never let you forget him for even a minute.”

I giggled, “That’s true. He does come over often.”

“How are him and your dad getting along?”

“Surprisingly well. I love it though.”

“Are you going to invite your parents to your wedding?” he asked.

“I kind of have to because they’re my parents, but I haven’t spoken to them since they sent me that email. I really don’t want to talk to them. I’m scared they were part of it all and they knew about Alicia the whole time. Why else would they say something so mean when they know what that message could have done to me?”

“I’m not going to force you to invite them to your wedding, but you do have to talk to them. I’ll go with you. David can go with you. All of us can go with you if you want us too. You’re not going to face it alone and I won’t let you run to your room like you did before. It’s not an option.”

“You’re incredible. You always make sure I do the right thing. How do you know what it is?”

He shrugged, “I just know you Kay… the real you. I saw it when no one else did. We’re a team. A couple. What’s best for you is also what’s best for me.”

I smiled, “I love you.”

“I love you too,” he smiled back, “So what’s next for today?”

“How about we watch a movie in our secret place?” I asked, “That way if Simone or my dad come home early we can still have an entire day of being alone together?”

“That sounds good. We can take a shower and I’ll get the popcorn and drinks and you can get the movie.”

“Deal.”

               I met Dylan down in our secret place with a pile of movies. He was already there with a few bottles of water and a big bowl of popcorn. I threw him the movie I wanted to watch the movie and he went to put it in the DVD player while I set the rest of them down on the table.

“Romeo and Juliet?” he asked, “Of all movies we own you choose this one?”

“I haven’t seen it since high school and I really want to watch it,” I giggled.

He chuckled, “Okay.”

“Thank you.”

               He sat down next to me after putting the movie in and put his arm around me. I put my head on his shoulder and leaned against him. We silently watched the movie and he put in the movie The Notebook when Romeo and Juliet ended. We got almost halfway through the movie when we heard the front door open. I sat up with Dylan stopped me.

“It’s probably just Simone or your dad. They both said they would be home by now.”

“Yeah you’re right,” I smiled and sat back against him.

               We finished watching the movie and snuck back upstairs. Dylan held my hand and we walked past Simone’s room, but she wasn’t in there.