Breaking Into The Factory

After the group prepared to head to Dr. Chip's factory along with Hilda, Yang, Fox, Milla, Soos and Little Soos, they all set off to find it with the android's guidance. The android, who called himself Zeke, was surprisingly helpful guiding them to the old factory that was now built in Dr. Chip's image. This made Dipper suspicious of him, starting to suspect that his assistance is all just an act. Not wanting to blurt out to anyone else, he decided to pass it on to Cuphead.

"Psst." Dipper got the cup kid's attention. "Did you ever have that feeling where someone promised you something and you follow them, but later on, you start to feel like they are only pretending to be a promising person?"

"Hmm." Cuphead put a hand on his chin. "I'm not entirely sure, but my brother and I were surprised of the final forms of the debtors we fought back at home. Life just throws surprises at you and this is only one of them." He made a gesture at the vortex in the sky.

"Did you seriously fight many of those debtors in just two days?"

"By myself, no. With my brother, yes."

Dipper squinted at him. "You have to be making this up."

"Well, surprise! I'm not kidding!" Cuphead yelled. "My brother and I gambled with a demon, we lost to him and he wanted our souls, we begged for mercy and he gave us a task to collect every single contract from those debtors in order to protect our souls! It was crazy back then! If you were there, you'd understand!"

"But, too bad I don't-" Dipper stopped himself. "Wait, did you say something about a demon?"

"Oh, what's the point?" Cuphead groaned. "You wouldn't understand my story anyway!"

"I understand." Milla said, getting his attention. "I went through a dangerous situation too."

"You did?" Dipper raised an eyebrow at the hound.

"Uh huh! But, it wasn't just me. I had friends back at my world. There was this big, mean alien who put my world on the verge of war. He tried to take an old relic away in order to power up his ship, but we boarded that ship and went to get our relic back." Milla looked at the ground with a sad look on her face. "But then, that alien found me and he turned me into a monster that attacked my friends. We had to fight and I lost. I wasn't myself. I don't even want to remember that moment."

"Milla..." Cuphead looked at her with pity.

"That part of your journey must have traumatized you." Dipper said with the same look on his face.

"It has." Milla nodded. "But, I was glad that I got that off my chest. Maybe, just maybe, we could all be friends. Tell each other's stories and be there for each other when we are needed the most."

"Well, I'm not good at making friends." The boy put a hand behind his back. "But if you were to meet my twin sister, you two would love each other."

"Really?" The hound's smile came back. "What can she do?"

"She can knit sweaters. I guess that's her favorite hobby." Dipper shrugged.

The group has followed Zeke through the woods for so long, no one was keeping track. It was a long way through the forest. But then, they finally reached the factory Zeke was talking about. The factory was a giant of metal and cement. The windows were showing people, ponies and rabbids walking with their ankles trapped in chains. In one of the top windows, lights were rapidly flickering and screams were heard. This made Milla uneasy, so she wrapped her arms around Fox's left leg.

"I'm scared." The hound admitted.

"I am just as scared as you are, Little Milla." Fox replied, putting a hand on the top of her head.