What Comes Next

A week has passed since Jesse and the other heroes put the Galaxy Stone back into the Dimension Machine. Since that day, the vortexes across the multiverse have disappeared, and World Jumpers from Planet Specter guided everyone back to their respective universes. The Glitch King's forces also disbanded, turning themselves in to Queen Cerulena and allowing her to lock them all up for their misdeeds on the multiverse. As for the Glitch King and Mixus, those two have disappeared after the end of the final battle, leaving almost everyone in a state of unease. However, Cerulena assured them that she and her forces will be ready if the Glitch King ever showed his face again.

Right now, Jesse was in Beacontown standing in front of a large crowd with all of his old friends, Petra, Olivia, Axel, Lukas, and even Radar. They were about to do what was supposed to be done from the beginning: introduce the finished project to the public. With a deep breath, Jesse and his friends grabbed the tarp that covered the project and removed it, revealing a golden statue in the form of a brave warrior holding a sword in one hand and a pickaxe in the other. At the sight of it, the citizens of Beacontown, and even some rabbids, cheered and clapped their hands. That's right, the vortex in the sky may have disappeared, but the rabbids are still everywhere around the multiverse. They were even helpful enough to rebuild the town despite their equal idiocy.

Suddenly, the positive vibe of the crowd died down when someone gasped. Jesse and the rest of his peers were left confused until a blue portal formed in the middle of the audience. The citizens gasped and moved away from the spinning rift as it grew bigger and bigger. Alert, Jesse and his friends readied their weapons, initially believing it to be another threat. But then, a familiar World Jumper walked out of the portal saying, "That's how you greet a friend, Jesse?"

"Max?" Jesse put his sword away and walked up to the blue-haired girl. "Max, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"The queen wants to have a word with you. It's important," Max said.

"Just me?" Jesse raised an eyebrow.

"Nope. She already gathered the others. So, are you coming?"

Jesse looked away from Max to look at the citizens and his friends, who were walking up to him.

"You should go," Olivia said.

"Are you guys sure?" Jesse replied.

"Don't worry, we'll take care of everything while you're away," Petra said.

"Besides," Axel added. "We owe them a lot after everything. I mean, they turned me back into a human, after all."

"We'll wait for you," Lukas said. "We'll even save you some cake."

"And we'll make sure the rabbids don't break anything," Radar said. Then, he winced when he heard a loud crash and the rabbids' laughter from a broken food stall. "Like that..."

With a grin, Jesse nodded and followed Max into the blue portal that would lead him to the gate of Planet Specter's palace. Upon arrival, the World Jumper guided him into the palace and soon, its meeting room. Max pushed the doors open and Jesse was found looking into the eyes of the people he met on their journey across the multiverse. There was Rainbow Dash, Mario, Rabbid Peach, Cuphead, Dipper Pines, Ruby Rose, Sonic the Hedgehog, Kai, Sash Lilac, Frisk, Keith, Steven Universe, and Morgana. Jesse smiled at the sight of the friends he became attached to throughout the hectic journey and sat with them.

"So," Jesse began. "How is everything back at your worlds?" he asked.

"We're doing alright," Morgana replied. "With the vortex gone in my world and Joker back into a human, we're peaceful for the time being."

"Same here," Keith said. "Allura's getting herself readjusted into her normal form. Apparently, she grew to like her rabbid form while it lasted."

"I still remember the look on her face when Dr. Eggman changed her back with one of his machines," Sonic added, for he had been there when Joker, Allura, and Axel were turned back to normal.