Chapter Twenty-Two: Chasing Cars

"I...I just don't want you to get hurt again...I care about you..." Odysseus said while she continued to cry into my shirt.

"Okay Odysseus. I promise. I'm alright, I won't do that again."

Odysseus let go of me and whipped the tears out of her eyes. She looked up at me as I scanned the model 1887.

"Well, we still have a little time. You wanna go get ice cream?" I asked.

"You'd...take me out for that?" She said shyly.

"Yeah. Think of it as an apology."

"O-Okay."

Odysseus let out a cute smile and I hopped back on the motorcycle. I put the model 1887 in a holster that was on the bike frame.

Me and Odysseus drove to a nearby ice cream bar and I got me and her an ice cream cone. We both sat down at a small table and I handed her ice cream to her.

"So um...how do I eat this?" Odysseus asked.

"You just lick it with your tongue."

I licked my ice cream trying to show Odysseus how to do it. I looked back at her while she tried to eat her ice cream.

She licked the top of it but she did it in a really awkward way. Almost a seductive way...

"D-Do I do it like this...?" Odysseus pressed lips into the icescream and tried to lick it. She ended up getting ice cream on her cheeks.

It was vanilla ice cream so it made it look bad...however Odysseus didn't notice because of her innocent personality.

"Spencer, why are you blushing so much?"

Oh shit...I didn't know I was blushing.

"O-Oh nothing. Here, take this." I handed Odysseus a napkin, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Oh...thank you." Odysseus smiled sweetly as she whipped the ice cream off of her face.

I awkwardly finished my ice cream while Odysseus struggled to eat hers. We ended up sitting next to each other while the night crept over top of us.

"We should head back...before everyone else starts to miss you..." Odysseus said.

"I'm sure they miss you too, Odysseus." I said.

"Spencer...they hate me..."

"Who cares then? I still like you, so who cares what they think."

"I guess so..."

"Odysseus..."

"Yeah?"

I wrapped my arm around Odysseus.

"Whenever you think that you're worthless and everyone hates you, just know that there's someone else out there that still loves you." I said.

"R-Really...?" She said shyly.

"I promise you. He might even be closer to you than you think. Just remember that tomorrow is another bright day, and you can always fix any mistake that you make."

"Th-Thank you... Spencer...I...um..."

"Yes Odysseus?"

"I think I...."

Odysseus couldn't get her words out. I looked deeply into her eyes as she struggled to get her words out.

"I'm...n-nevermind..."

"Alright Odysseus."

I gave her a side hug and we both sat there looking at the stars. We soon got up and back onto the motorcycle.