Chapter Twenty-One: Mo' Murda

"What kind of romance book ends with the main character dying?" I asked myself as I finished reading my book. I closed the book and set it down on the table.

"Well Yuri, are you ready to g-"

I look to my right to see that Yuri was completely asleep. She was sitting up in her chair with her eyes close.

"Yuri?" I said.

She started to sway to the side towards the floor. I wrapped my arm around her before she hit the floor.

"G-Ah!" She said as she jerked awake.

She made a yelp and it made the librarian look over at us. I think the librarian thought I was taking advantage of a sleeping girl.

"Y-Yuri it's okay, it's me." I said in a whisper yell.

She looked back at me with groggy eyes and scanned me up and down.

"O-Oh hello Spencer, where are we...?" She said, still halfway asleep.

"A library, I think we should go home now." I said.

"O-Okay..."

I picked up the bags of books that we bought and I held Yuri's hand as she swayed side to side as we walked.

I helped her get into the car and loaded the books into the back. This Toyota actually isn't bad...

I got in and started the engine. I left the bookstore and made my way home. I looked at the clock and it was about 5:00 P.M.

Yuri fell asleep in the car again so her head was up against the window. I pulled into the driveway and took the books up to her room.

I then picked Yuri up out of the car and carried her to her room. As I walked through the living room Natsuki looked at me with a disappointed look.

"Looks like Spencer had to feed his sexual desires somehow." She said.

"S-She just fell asleep at the library. I didn't 'Bill Cosby' her."

"Suuuuuuure."

I ignored Natsuki's remark and walked into Yuri's room. I set her down on her bed and walked back into the living room.

I walked back into the kitchen and saw a burnt cake on top of the stove.

Natsuki, Monika, Sayori, and Odysseus were all sitting on the couch.

"Who the hell burnt a cake?" I asked.

"Sayori did it." Monika said.

"Sayori did it." Natsuki said.

"Sayori did it." Odysseus said.

"Sayori did it." Sayori said.

We all remained silent as we looked at Sayori. She finally realized what she just said.

"....fuck..." She said.

I threw the cake away and cleaned up the kitchen. Yuri woke up afterwards so I went ahead and actually put a doorway to their rooms, instead of a giant hole in the wall.

I went outside on my front porch and saw Odysseus looking whistfully into the night sky. I walked over to her and stood next to her.

"Looking at the stars?" I asked.

"Yeah. You see that one right there?" Odysseus said while she pointed at one of the stars.

"Yeah?"

"That's one of the observing eyes. That's how we can see you humans from heaven." She said.

"That's beautiful."