Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Chase

Kung hindi pa ako kinulbit ni Trinity matapos ang speech ni tanda, hindi ako agad mapapatayo. All their eyes are into me and I could feel that they are observing my actions as I walked to the old man.

The old man warmly smiled at me as he opened his arms wide at me. Hindi ko alam kung ano'ng gagawin ko no'ng una. Sa huli rin naman, tinanggap ko ang yakap niya.

"Sir Montenegro will entertain the questions from all of you," the lady stood in front of us said in her formal tone.

Agad na umingay ang buong Conference Room nang maghiwalay kami ng yakap. Media ang agad na nauna sa pagtatanong at inaasahan ko na iyon.

"Good morning, Mr. Montenegro. Beforehand, we would like to congratulate you for the commencement of your new project," anang ng isang babaeng galing sa isang istasyon ng sikat na news station, base na rin sa kaniyang lace sa ID.

"Thank you," the old man replied with gentleness in his voice.

"I just like to know, how's that happened that Mr. Garcia is your son? Is he related to the late Zenaida Garcia? The one who was rumored to be your woman before?"

Nagkuyom kaagad ako ng palad. That was my darkest secret. And the way she mentioned my Mum's a woman of the old man makes me really want to throw the microphone she's holding.

Medyo kumalma lang ang panginginig na nararamdaman ko nang may maramdaman akong magaspang na palad na humaplos sa palad ko. No'ng sumulyap ako, ang mapungay na mga mata ni tanda ang sumalubong sa akin.

Tumikhim kaagad ako.

"Yes," walang kagatol-gatol na sagot ni tanda. "Travis is her son. Our son."

Suminghap ang lahat ng mga tao roon. Napalingon kaagad ako sa direksyon ni Natalie nang mapansin ko ang pag-iba ng kaniyang reaksyon. I looked at her deeply. I know that these truths would hurt you, Prinsesa, but I'm giving you the opportunity to look at my nakedness. I'm ripping now my darkest side to you so you could finally accept me. This is my truth.

"I would not open up any information about what happened before, as respect, too, to Zenaida. But I want to all of you that please, since you've already known my mistakes before, please don't make Travis suffer to those. He's my son. He's my own blood and flesh. He deserves the birthright of being a Montenegro. He had been through a lot. He experienced to be maltreated, he experienced to see the world's cruelty in his young age. He witnessed her Mum... dying in front of her," he pleaded, his voice shook and his eyes became watery.

"So, please, please, I'm begging all of you, not as a business tycoon or the CEO of the corporation, but as his father... to give him his private life that he truly deserves. Give him the spot of being my son. Don't judge him. "

I couldn't help but to admit, that for the first time, I felt this warm emotion starting to burst inside of my system. I've never expected that he will defend me to these people. I made him shoo away in my life. I tried to be cold to him. I didn't respect him... until now.

But the old man, standing in front of these judgmental people, is ready to step down his level just to explain to everyone that I'm worth of his treasures.

My eyes heated as my chest clenched tight. Narinig ko pa si ate Trinity na humihikbi pa sa upuan niya. I looked up and blinked a couple of times. I sighed and faced him.

I was about to say something but I held back myself. Mamaya na. I don't want him to think that I might saying this out of the blue or I'm in the spur of the moment.