MBD 55

It was a morning far from the morning she turned to finally say goodbye to him.

Yana woke up with a start. She was unbelievably sleep-free. Tumayo siya sa kama at tinignan si Josh bago pumunta sa kusina.

She raided the kitchen for coffee. Kahit na gusto niyang kumain, hindi niya magawa. She forced a few pieces of bread down to her throat before gulping her coffee.

Then sa shower. The water isolated her for a while. Nakapag-isip si Yana ng matino tungkol sa mga plano niya sa araw na 'to. Do everything he wants to do. A day inside a music room would suffice. Josh would love to play to calm himself. PWede ring movie day? Or just strolling on the beach?

She stayed in tub until her hands wrinkled. Not that she minded the lowering water temperature. Niyakap niya yung sarili niya. Any comfort would be perfect now. Some warm touch. Strong and warm touch.

Justine.

She groaned in frustration. Ilang araw na siyang hinahaunt nung pangalan na yun. Something was whispering in her again and again. It made her want to hit her head on some big rock. Maybe it'll break her skull and open a vent to remove the bad thoughts.

Now, thinking of Justine was a bad thought.

The name was a taboo since they parted ways. Dinidisttract niya lagi yung sarili niya, resorting to work and books and taking care of Josh. Alam niyang iniispoil niya si Josh, but that was the only way to set herself right.

She persuaded Josh successfully. Nailabas niya yung kwento about sa DNR pati sa progress at cure sa kung ano man ang meron sa kanya. They talked all night, drowning each othr with facts and rants. All paid well in the end. No secrets. Solved problems.

Balik sa dati nung silang dalawa lang ang inaalala nila.

It was a relief to be on a familiar ground.

"You're going to make yourself sick. May sakit na nga ko, magkakasakit ka pa." Biglang may kamay na nagtayo sa kanya at nagbalot sa kanya ng bathrobe. Mahigpit na yumakap si Josh kay Yana.

"Good morning." Naglean si Yana kay Josh. Nagslip yung isang sleeve ng robe niya. Josh rested his lips on her bare skin.

"Mind if I join you?" Pinalo ni Yana yung cheek niya.

"Harot mo. Hindi tayo pwedeng maglaro laro ngayong araw na 'to." Kiniss siya nito sa cheek bago umahon.

Pag dating ni Yana sa kwarto, hindi agad siya nagbihis. She stood in front of the mirror and looked for any hint of uncertainty in her face. She was so sure of everything that will happen. Everything else will be up to God's hands.

With Justine as his tool.

She picked her clothes, slowly dressed, then stared on the mirror for a longer time. Napansin niya yung dark circles sa ilalim ng mata nita, sign ng mga nafulfill niya. Just one more thing before everything reaches the end. After this, they will be separated from the others. Forever.

Paglabas niya ng kwarto, nakabalandra sa couch si Jason.

"Feel at home much?" Yana feigned scolding. Nahulog sa couch si Jason.

"Oh yes. Very much at home." Mapang-asar niysng nginitian si Yana.

"Paano ka nakapasok? Break in?"[/olor]

"No. Binuksan muna ni Josh yung pinto."

Tinabihan ni Yana si Jason.

"What brings you here?" Naghintay siya ng sarcastic na sagot.

"You."

"Me?"

"Yes. You. Ano nararamdaman mo?" Inakbayan ni Jason si Yana.