MBD 53

Nagpack ng ilang gamit si Yana sa backpack niya. Tinawagan niya na si Justine earlier, asking him to come with her, prepare his stuff, and not to speak of anything to the others. Nirequest din niya na ilibre niya yung araw na yun for something big. Justine obliged, of course.

Tinignan niya ulit yung natutulog na Josh sa kama nila. She was so caught up with his nearness, she almost forgot what she had to do. After maayos lahat ng kailangan niya, nag-iwan siya ng note.

Quote

"I will coome back. I always do. Wait for me. Do not surrender to the weakness of the body. Succumb to the strength of the heart.

Love, Yana.

She placed the note on the pillow and kissed forehead. Not his lips. She couldn't help but try to compare how the kissed made her tingly inside. She shoved away the wrong thoughts before going out.

Naghihintay si Justine sa labas ng building. Nasa loob siya ng sasakyan at nakahawak lang sa steering wheel. Narecognize pa rin siya ni Yana kahit nakashades siya. Pumasok si Yana sa sasakyan at binaba yung gamit niya sa sahig.

"Wrong timing ba yung pagrequest ko?" She hastily asked.

"No. I'm actually glad you chose me to come." Yana nodded.

"Do you mind driving us somewhere?" Yana looked at Justine and told him the location. Ngumiti lang ito at nagstart ng engine.

The ride was silent, since inaantok pa si Yana. Hindi talaga siya totally tulog; she was actually thinking of how to say the words to him. She did not want to be misuderstood. Eto lang yung chance niya para masabi lahat. Lahat ng kinimkim niya kahit dati pa.

Justine was just humming, then occasionally switching songs from the CD. Yana wanted to wake up, to stop the car and finally sputter the words out. That would surely save her a ride home.

Around eight in the morning, they're up to their destination. Naghanap mula sila ng kakainan. Yana gathered herself to strike a conversation. Maybe she'll go straight to the point pag okay na sila.

"I missed this place. Hindi pa kami napunta dito ulit. Masyadong busy." Tumingin si Yana sa view.

"You chose your profession. You have to go with it." Sumagot si Justine.

"I took it because it has always been my dream to save lives." Yana explained. May nagflash na something sa mata ni Justine; pinaglalaruan siya masyado ng imahinasyon na yan.

"I know."

That was what probbly flashed in his eyes. A gist of memory. Yana smiled weakly, remembering the nights when they exchanged messages, telling each other about their dreams and vision about the world. The two were enveloped by silence.

"I thought you hated blood." Yana pointed out.

"You told me you would have taken something music related."

It striked like a pang in her head. Josh ended up building his career as a musician. Justine dreamed to be one. She really got dibs on musically inclined boys. Yana brushed the thought off and waited for Justine's reply.

"I wouldn't have made a great career out of it, so I went after what my parents want. Doctor daw, sige. So now I'm here."

"Ako niloloko mo? You're a rebel." Yana shook her head.

"Sabihin mo sa akin. Bakit hindi?" She gave him her famous stare. Justine breathed deeple and looked away.

"I lost my muse. Hindi ako magsusucceed kung wala akong muse." Binalik niya yung tingin kay Justine.