Chapter 32- Kate Georgsson

13 Year old Kate (Adrianna)
Today is my 13th birthday. Things have been great this past year. Stefano and I have been able to laugh again and know what it's like to not be afraid for once. It was nice.

"Are you ready to party tonight?" My best friend Phoebe asks, I nod excitedly. "Totally! It is going to be so much fun!"

"That's a fact. We are going to have fun music, games, and decorations. Trust me when I say you're gonna love it." My other best friend Tyler replies while singing his arm around the both of us, we all laugh as the bell rings.

"Okay, well I have to get to class otherwise Mrs. Liona will have my head. Let's meet back here after school and then we can ride our bikes to the park." They both not in agreement. "Sounds great. Happy birthday Kate."

A couple hours later school was out and it was time for my party. I was so excited. Phoebe and Tyler had worked it out with their parents and we are having a party in the park.

"You look great!" Phoebe says with a smile, I smile back. "Thanks. Let's get this party started!" Luckily we reserved a small area in the park so that we wouldn't be bothering people with our music.

Tyler cranked up the music and everyone was laughing and dancing. We even played all sorts of games.

The night was going great until Stefano showed up and pulled me away from the party. "What the hell Stef?!" I shouted angrily, he motions for me to be quiet.

"That's not my name here Kate. But these won't be our names for much longer..." He replied apprehensively. There's something he's not telling me, I can tell.

"What's wrong? Why did you pull me away?" I question while calming down, he sighs and hands me a letter. I look at it and start reading. When I realized who it's from, my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest.

Dear Children,
       After everything we have been through, honestly think you can hide from me? Sorry to break up your happiness but I have my sources and they have already found you. Now, I know you're going to try and run but it's no use because I have made sure that your passports and credit cards have been declined and destroyed. You can try to run but I'll always find you. See you soon.
-Carlyle

I started to panic. "He's found us." Stefano nods, I start to hyperventilate. "We are going to get through this okay?"

I couldn't even look at him. My vision was starting to turn blurry and he was starting to worry about me. "Aide, what's happening? Are you okay?"

I don't answer. I just start scratching and my hands start shaking. "Aide, you need to breathe!"

"Is she okay?" Tyler and Phoebe ask while walking over to us. Stefano puts me in his arm and sighs. "Unfortunately no, I'm so sorry guys but our grandmother is terminally ill. My mother just called me, we have to leave immediately."

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. How long are you guys going to be gone for?" Phoebe questions, Stefano shrugs. "I don't know, it could be a long time. Mom signed us up for schools down in Texas. We have to get going right away."

Phoebe walks up to me and hugs me, I cry onto her shoulder. "We really are going to miss you Kate. Promise you won't forget us?"  Tyler says, I nod and give him a hug as well.

"I'm going to miss you guys so much. I promise I'll try to write you guys letters once a week. Hopefully we will see each other again soon. I really have to go. Goodbye." I turned and left them with tears in my eyes.

Worst birthday ever.

I never saw them again. We drove home as fast as we could that night. We packed our stuff, got in the car and called Tim from a pay phone three cities down. He hooked us up with new names and stuff and we were able to rent an apartment in Massachusetts. I hate the fact that Stefano lies to them about going to Texas but now I realize that it was needed.

If only I could see them one last time to explain everything. I wish.