"So what's going on with the whole marriage situation?" I ask Hidaya. "I mean, Adam hasn't mentioned anything to my mum or dad yet." I shrug awkwardly.

She smiles softly, releasing an awkward laugh. Her eyes fall low as she tried to explain, I could see it wasn't good news. 

"I'm going to be honest with you, my mum is having a hard time accepting it." She says quietly, shrugging. "And my dad? Well, he's acting like none of this is happening." She shakes her head. 

I remain silent for a few seconds. I already knew that there was going to be a possibility this was going to happen, but I prayed that things would be different. "I'm sorry about that." I say putting my hand over hands. 

"Everything will work out soon, stay strong and don't give up because you and Adam are so perfect for each other." I say, squeezing her hand.

She nods, squeezing mine back. "Thank you. I hope so." She says with a tight smile. "Anyways, how are you and Nathaniel?" She asks.

"Good." I say softly. "We're actually so good right now, things are going well, my sickness has basically stopped, the babies healthy which makes us happy." I nod tightly.

"That's great, I really am happy to hear that." She smiles, whilst taking a sip out of her hot chocolate. "Adam's birthday is coming up, I really have no idea what I'd like to do." 

"Wait? It's only February, his birthday is in may." I say shaking my head in confusion. 

She sighs, pushing back against her seat. "I know, but I want to plan something amazing, he's turning twenty." She says pouting. "Tell me a secret about Adam that I don't know about." 

I laughed shaking my head. "What kind?" I ask. "Like things he does at home only we see?" 

She laughs shaking her head. "No." She rolls her eyes. "Something he's always wanted, something he talks about but no one really pays attention to, something that would make him really happy."

I think for a second, Adam is always yapping at home and most things we do ignore because he's your typical immature boy, the complete opposite of Nathaniel. "I mean he goes on and on about seeing the northern lights?" I say, shrugging.

Hidayas huffs, pressing her hands to her cheeks. "Well, I can't leave the country because my parents are asian." She laughs, pouting humorously. "Something I can do here?" 

"Well I know he's always wanted to go a lakehouse for his birthday." I say, unsure on whether Hidaya would be okay with it.

She thinks to herself for a few seconds. "Sounds interesting, as long as its in the same state I'm sure I'll be allowed." She smiles to herself. "I really like the sound of that, that would be so cool? We all could go!" She says excitedly.

I start to laugh. "Wait? Me?" I shake my head. "I don't think my brother would want me at his 20th birthday weekend."

Hidaya rolls her eyes. "You being there would make his day, you're like his child, Aasia." 

"He's a year older than me, Hidaya." I say mimicking her tone. "But that does sound fun, Cassie's uncle has a lakehouse just a few hours from here, I'm sure we could try asking to borrow it?" 

"That would be awesome, I can't wait to plan all this!" Hidaya says excitedly.

I gaze at her for a few seconds, her eyes were bright and full of excitement. "You really love him, don't you?" 

She blushes, looking away from me. "It's whatever." She says under her breath, with a smile as wide as mine. 

"Yeah, it's whatever." I tease, bouncing my eyebrows.