Chapter 49

Rav was the first one out, she smiled at his scream till she noticed what was in his hand.

She dodged the flying arrows, moving her horse away.

"No I have to shoot her. Only me!" Rav left go of another arrow and this time it hit her horse, it let out a neigh before it began to fall.

Max held on tight but the landing was too rough. The ground came rushing at her faster than she could comprehend and she landed hard on her side. She got up with a shaky breath and was overwhelmed by everyone who ran to her side.

"Hang in there Max! I'M COMING!"

Max sighed at the sound of Jason's voice and turned to the imperfects.

"Are you okay?"

"What happened?"

"Where are they?"

Max sat up rather quickly and address the imperfects. "Split up into groups, they're coming."

Everyone gave her a look before they began to split up.

"We won't back down!!" Was their last battle cry before they went off to the sides and hid behind trees and tall plants.

"I'm sorry, thank you for helping me," she whispered to the horse before kissing it's cheek softly. It's soft neigh sounded more like a groan.

"Watch out!"

Was the last thing the horse said before it's breathing stopped.

Max looked up just in time to see all the horses flying up toward the roof again. Looking closer she saw Rav hanging over the edge. Then she felt it.

The same darkness she felt with the snake. He's calling them.

With everything in her, she called out to the petagmas. There was no way the imperfects got far enough in and if some of the perfects stayed in the air they could slaughter the imperfects. Why didn't I think of that!? Jason would have kept them, we would have had an advantage! Too late now. I need to focus!

The horses stayed flying in the center but Max was beginning to lose her grip, her power drained from before. But she held on till finally Rav grunt.

Rav took an arrow and shot one of the petagmas. It fell without another breath. "Come to me. Or you all are next!"

That woke up all the others, all of them starting to fly in all directions. With the last strength Max had she screamed to them. "Get out!"

All at once they left, soon becoming only a blur. Max closed her eyes ignoring the sound of their shouts.

"I've got her! She's mine!" Rav shouted triumphantly, and the perfects began descending down the stairs, to get to the field.

"Max let's go! We need a chance to hide!"

Max looked up to Luna and didn't get a chance to say anything before Luna had Max on her back and was running in. Max sat up with much difficulty, the speed they were running at making it difficult to steady herself.

"I'm fine Luna, I just need to... rest."

"No! You won't have enough energy in time, we have to find..."

"Max! Luna!"

Max turned around in time to see Jason racing toward them. Looking closer she noticed he was riding something, and it was huge. Jason got off the tiger before running to them.