Chapter 29

"Max you have to go," one of the animal care people she recognize from her class informed her before turning around quickly to address and animal in distress.

Max turned to Luna who got up ready to walk out and watch from outside, being her animal. Max opened the door for Luna before heading out after her. Wonder why she didn't seem to want to go when Jason was out there?

"He's a big boy he can handle himself. Besides he has his birds and other animals..."

"While all I've managed to do is summon crickets. I don't know what I can do," who I am, Max thought the last part, pulling at her gloves that felt too tight right then.

"Maxine Drago!" The annoucer went off a bit louder right as she got outside. The crowd blew up and she could hear Rav shouting the loudest, with a small smile she shook her head moving forward.

"This is as far as I go."

Max turned around to see Luna had stopped and a care person was putting her in a caged area with no top. Luna growled a bit but allowed it to happen.

"She doesn't need to be in there," Max tried saying as Luna jumped up unable to get her paws on the highest bar and let out a whining sound. Max head toward Luna but stopped when a hand came on her shoulder.

She turned around and was quite surprise to see Jason with his usual half grin. "It's okay I'll make sure they let Luna out, can't have our girl in a cage now can we?" Jason winked and in the first time in what felt like forever she smiled at Jason, her worries drifting away.

"You should head out there. We've been waiting for a while." And like that the worried came back and the magic was gone.

Max hesitantly shifted between her feet feeling even more nervous. "Yeah I guess so."

"You idiot say something nice. I raised you to have better manners than this."

Jason blushed deeply and smiled sheepishly, while Max could only grin.

"Maxine Drago!!! Last warning," The annoucer went off again not as friendly and the crowd started dying down.

"I bet she's too scared to challenge me, nothing more than a cricket under my boot," Dana daunted while the crowd burst out in laughs with some people booing at her comment. She wants crickets I'll show her crickets.

Max clutched her fist and Luna gave a nasty look but Jason being the reasonable of the three took Max's hand and unclutched her fist. With a smile sweet as honey he took her hand and kissed it lightly.

"Go show them what you can do," Max's smile was relaxed and she gave a nod before heading off to where Dana was with a bigger smile.

"This first two fights will not be with swords but will be hand to hand combat," the annoucer went off, fueling their rage as they glared up at each other.

They both got in fighting position after watching every single pair go before them, they knew the drill. Both fist clutched, wandering who would get the first punch and who would do it the hardest.

"Get ready to lose," Dana said ready for a fight.

"After you," Max smiled while the annoucer went off.

"Let the battle begin!"

Max threw the first punch and felt quite satisfied when blood poured out her nose slowly. Dana threw her punch then and before Max could get away it made full contact with her right eye.