Chapter 45

Jason sword angrily clicked against Fred's sword, pieces of wood flying all over the piece. Fred fought with everything he had, his pride telling him to not back down.

Jason could see Rav's face and then Max's right after. He remembered his almost kiss with Max and then her kiss with Rav.

"Dude did your eyes just turn blue?" Fred's voice sounded far away as Jason brought his sword against Fred's, splitting both swords in half.

"Whoa. Okay.... I just remembered I had this thing..."

"What thing? You rather leave then have a chance to challenge? The perfects have left. They are gone, a war is coming, what better thing do you have to do then to practice and grow strong!?" Jason's voice held so much edged that he met Fred's eyes with disgust and annoyance.

Fred took another step back and laughed nervously. "I forgot to tell my family I love them. I'll just go do that now," before Jason could say anything else Fred was gone.

Jason gripped his broken sword tighter in his hand before he let it drop with a sigh.

He grabbed the bin of dagger and walked over to the target practice. Throwing the first knife it hit dead center.

Every time he threw one it hit the center till almost all three targets were full.

"Jason."

Caught off guard the knife went off line and hit the outer ring of the target. Jason turned around to see none other than Pat.

"Pat, I don't have time for this right now."

"I know you must hate us..."

"No of course not. Why would you say such a thing?" Jason muttered angrily as he faced Pat and pulled on the small device connected to his wrist.

"It's just you are all we have left. With your parents gone..."

"Well you know what Max is just as important even more so to me. I can't just leave her there. I won't. I will find a way to get this thing off and when I do, I'm gone and I will bring her back," Jason grabbed another knife and for a second Pat's expression went emotionless until Jason threw the knife at the target, dead in the center.

"It has only been two days..."

Jason barked a laugh and walked toward Pat at that. "It has been more than two weeks. Do you know how much can happen in that time? All I ever feel is pain, imaginary bruises and scratches, and I'm perfectly fine. Do you understand? It is not me we need to worry about and I fear that if we don't act soon it might be too late."

Jason stayed where he was knife in hand. He faced Pat with blue eyes, but Pat looked unafraid.

"Rav is closing in and I fear that if we don't do something now..." Jason threw the knife at the target, keeping his eyes on Pat. "I will never be the same again. Worry about that."

Jason walked away out of the room and Pat looked at the knife he just threw, dead in the center. Pat sighed, shaking his head before he walked out.

Jason walked around a corner, slowing down, suddenly feeling dizzy. Then he heard screams, hundreds of them. He went down on his knees screaming, plugging his ears to drain out the noise.

"Jason what's wrong!?"

Finally it subsided enough for him to look at Luna. "I think... I don't know. You didn't hear it?"

"No hear what?"

"The screams."

It came again, the screams a bit softer but he still held his hands to his ears, though the noise didn't stop.