Chapter 27

"Max are you okay?"

Max faced Luna turning her attention away from her dinner. "Yes. Why?"

"Because you have been stabbing that meat for the past 30 minutes as if it were to grow legs and attack you any second. What's wrong?"

"Since when does stabbing your meat mean that something is wrong, maybe I just like stabbing things, you have a problem with that?" Max snapped and immediately felt guilty and sighed. "Sorry."

"It's okay, I mean if I listened to everything you said I probably wouldn't be here."

Max smiled hearing the humor in her voice. "Hahaha."

"No seriously though what's wrong? I mean you won the event for the perfects and it was your first time even doing it. That shows character I think."

"Ughhh... don't even mention the event, I'm really just irritated with it right now," Max said exhausted but even Luna could detect the anger and frustration.

"Why is that?"

"It's just annoying... it must be rigged, I mean the last four contestants must have been planned. And this Taylor girl, who does she think she is? Where did she even come from? If you were gone for years then why come back now? Why did they let her in so easily? When did she come..."

"Oh so you hated the event entirely?"

Max thought about that question and mustered a shrug, "I guess when I killed Rav. That was fun," she smiled and Luna chuckled.

"Anything else?"

"I guess my challenge with Jason, while it last. I could feel it, we were so close. I probably could have won, but no she had to come in put her hands on his arms and laugh this annoyingly cute laugh..." Max trailed off when Luna started laughing.

"What's so funny?" Max asked, raising a brow.

"It's just you... nevermind."

"Wait what were you going to say?" Max pressed, curious as to what she wanted to say.

"Fine. It's just you sound J.E.A.L.O.U.S."

"Am not! I'm just irritated, I was this close to beating Jason. Did you see the way he dropped his arrow to hug her. I mean really, is this a life or death situation here?..."

"It kind of is."

"Haha very funny but it's not like it would have done anything to her anyway, she's an imperfect like him. But nope he had to drop an arrow. Then on top of that he goes all noble and takes her arrow. HER ARROW THAT I THREW FOR HER!!..."

"Umm Max?"

"Yes," Max replied a bit out of breath.

"Are you okay? What is this really about? You know besides you being jealous."

"Sorry Luna, I got a bit carried away. I'm fine, really I am. You're right I should just forget all about her and Jason. Turn my attention to the next event and no matter what I'll just ignore them and act like I don't care. Actually I don't need to act, I don't care, if he's... happy with her who am I to stop them..."

"I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say..."

"Thanks Luna, I should just move on. Maybe we can still be friends, if not then I'll always have you," Max hugged her tightly before running to the door with her dinner plate.