Chapter 4

"Great now that that's taken care of and I can keep my head here..." Jason trailed off as he notice her roll her eyes at him, grabbing her bag and putting clothes inside.

"You know it's good that you are packing and all but just know everything you are packing now will probably be burned or trashed later," he said with a cheery smile moving his hand for her to continue putting clothes in her old big backpack.

"So... what do you ummm people wear then?" she asked trying not to show her disappoint at the news pulling clothes out.

Before he could respond she looked up at him mordified, "Don't tell me you wear those robes all day do you?" He just started laughing loudly as she took out all her clothes grudgingly.

"Does it look like I'm wearing a robe?" He asked her and when she didn't respond he just smiled and continued, "No we don't wear them all the time, maybe on some occasions I guess but don't worry about that. FYI girls do tend to wear dresses...What are you doing?"

She looked around pulling out a basket of clothes taking them out, clothes flying everywhere. "You know you should try being a little bit more organized," he commented as she pulled out another basket of clothes that all looked randomly put in. "Yeah kind of hard to do that with no closet in your room," she remarked with a hint of sarcasm as she finally looked up at him.

He just smiled and winked at her, "Who ever said you needed a closet to stay organized?" Looking away she finally saw it and pulled out some pair of jeans.

"Yeah well I don't wear dresses just like you can't tell a joke or try being funny for a few seconds so if you don't mind..." she trailed off looking at him as he threw his hands up in surrender trying not to laugh.

"For your information I find my self pretty funny," but she just raised her brow at him. "Yes you just fill me up with so much warmth and light it's overwhelming," she said her voice filled with sarcasm but he ignored it. "I know, I have that affect on people," he wiggled his brows at her and this time she couldn't help but laugh.

"Yeah okay sure whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night," shaking her head she stopped laughing but a big smiled still remained. "Oh you want to know what I tell myself at night? Well here it goes, I haven't told anyone this but myself of course but first for everything right? Every night I have to tell myself: 'You are the best better than the rest, and though some may not agree, you are awendsome to me," he stated each word with pride causing her to laugh louder.

"I'm sorry 'awendsome'?" She asked him with an incredulous look still trying not to laugh. "You know awesome and handsome all in one. Oh come on don't deny it," he brought his arm around her shoulder and noticed her flush before she pulled away.

She opened her mouth to say something but she heard her dad from downstairs first. "MAX!!!"

With a little jump she moved quicker, taking her stuff downstairs with Jason close behind. When she was downstairs she came face to face with her step dad practically running all over the place. "Okay dad I'm going," she said sweetly but her dad didn't turn to her. "Close the door on you're way out," he said firmly not saying anything else or even giving her a quick glance.

"Okay! Let's go," she said cheerfully trying to mask her pain. "Hey Bobby come over! No the house is clear she's finally gone..." she tuned out the rest of what her dad had to say and walked to the door trying not to cry.

Jason looked at the dad and took a step toward him but her hand touched his, preventing him from moving forward. "Come on let's go he probably didn't mean for me to hear that. Besides its already night time we should get going."

Shaking his head he ripped his hand out of her's not moving his eyes from the dad till he just sighed and walked to the door with her. "Yeah but he shouldn't have said it in the first place..." he paused before continuing "Well if your tired you can sleep on the way there it's about an hour or two depending on how everything goes," he tried reassuring her but she responded with a shaky ok.