Chapter 29

Serena's POV 

"Gerard, you little shit!" I yelled. He turned and laughed at my fuming face. There was a pile of mud in the corner of the pitch. He threw me in after I messed up a corner as a joke. We were playing an outside charity game against the Barcelona call team. We were told to go easy against the 18 through 25 year olds, but they were giving us, and Victor, a run for our money!

"You love me." He teased back.

"I'll get you back, Pique." I warned and we got back the all, sending us on our way with possession. 

"Yeah, yeah, here!" I yelled. The ball got to me, but their best defender got it away from me. I tripped over my own feet, but the ref thought it was his fault and said a penalty was in order.

"It wasn't his fault, I fell myself." I told the ref. He shook it off and I gave the cute defender a sorry look, and he shrugged it off.

"Rena, take it to the net." Leo said to me. I lined up and kept my eyes on the far left corner. I'd have to bend it around the far wall of players, though. I'll always except a challenge. 

I took my run towards it hit it in the perfect place, getting the correct spin to bend it around. We watched in silence as it soared towards the corner perfectly. It looked like a perfect kick from Ronaldo, who taught me to bend it like that. 

But of course, it had to hit the cross bar and bounce right in front of the keeper. He caught it in his hands ans I face palmed, laughing. The same defender, Calub, laughed with me and gave me a high five as the ref blew the final whistle.

"Nice try, Senora," He smiled at me. "It was close."

"Believe me, I know!" I replied back. "You're a great defender, by the way. Maybe one day you'll play with us!"

"Thank you, but I don't think so." he said with sad eyes. I sighed and put my hand on his shoulder. 

"Don't stop trying, buddy. You'll get here one day. I promise." I said. 

"Aye, chica, why don't you come over here." The dickface midfielder I heard is named Jose said to me. 

"Why don't you suck your own dick." I replied back.

"Why should I when you can do it." He smirked. 

"I'd rather bite my own finger off," I snapped, "And you should watch yourself in case Neymar makes his way over here-"

"I'm not scared of him. He's tiny. You should be with a real man." 

"You're right, Neymar isn't scary." A voice said from behind me, and came close. "But you know who is? Me." I turned around and saw Gerard a couple of inches away from me with his arm crossed.

"I suggest you leave my friend here alone." He said and Jose laughed.

"Oh Serena, you don't remember me? High school, math class?" He said, the mood changing.

"Oh my, Jose! Jose Mackenzie! I can't believe it's you! I haven't seen you since grade twelve. I can't believe it! I missed you." I said and hugged him. He chuckled and gave a quick hug back. "You look so different. You totally fooled me..."

"Yeah, we should hang out sometime, you know, when you're not busy with you fancy boyfriend.I have to go so see you." He smirked and walked away.

"Anyways, Calub, I'm sure it would be alright if you came to extra training with myself and the other guys. We usually go ourselves to Camp Nou on Fridays." I offered.

"Yeah, it'd would be okay." Gerard nodded.

"I'll give you my number, here." I followed him over to his bench and he handed me his phone and I punched in my number. Fans on the side lines around the wall in Barca jerseys started calling out Gerard and I's name and I realized most of the team was signing things for the fans.

"You should go. Thank you." Calub said and I shook his hand. Gerard and I grabbed sharpies and jogged over and I stood next to Neymar, signing things for young fans and old.

"Calub is a good kid." He said suddenly. I nodded my head agreeingly.

"I didn't know you knew him." I replied.

"We do this thing a lot, last year we would come and help out at their training sessions, so we got to know people. It was mostly us forwards who helped out." He said. That explains it.

"I invited him to come out Friday." I told him.

"That's good. He's a wall of a defender." Neymar smiled a me. I looked back at him and he kissed my cheek lovingly. I blushed and leaned over the wall to sign a jersey of a young girl. 

"You're quite popular. That's great." My boyfriend said to me. "There's a lot of girls with the dream to be doing what you're doing."

"It's an honour. And to think, four months ago I couldn't stand Barcelona."

"Yeah, when you sprayed water all over me that El Classico!" He laughed.

"Hey now, that was an accident, I swear." I said back.

"I dont know, I thought it was on purpose." 

"And then you got lost in my eyes and lost the ball. You couldn't look away." I smirked. 

"They are quite pretty! You can't blame me. It's not everyday I get to see such a pretty face." He said back. Okay, that was good. I was starting to get tired and my wrist was hurting from signing so many things.

I knew we would go home soon so I stuck it out and waited until Tata called us in and we loaded on the bus with the cameras flashing from sports photographers and local fans. I sat next to Neymar and Leo om the bus to Camp Nou in silence. I couldn't wait until the world cup.

**Must get 20 likes and 7 comments!**