Chapter 5

Serena's POV

The El Classico was about to begin, and we were doing freestyle on the pitch as a warm up as the crowd started to pour in. I looked over to Gareth, and he smiled.

"I'll be right back," I said to Neymar. He nodded his head and I walked over to Real Madrid. Sergio saw me and ran over, giving me a hug hug, lifting me in the air and spinning me around. 

"We miss you so much!" Cris came over and gave me a big squeeze.

"I miss you guys too. It's torture." I pouted and Gareth gave me a hug while the other guys came and said hi.

"Are you excited for the game?" Gareth asked. I nodded my head happily.

"I love you guys but we'll beat you. Only because they have me." I smirked and Sergio rolled his eyes, ruffling my hair and hugging me again.

"I better get over there, they're waiting for me," I said, motioning to Gerard and Leo looking over at the group. 

"Or you could just stay here and play for us, instead!" Gareth said. I blew him a kiss and jogged back to our side of the pitch and Leo passed the ball. They didn't say anything while we kicked the ball around, until we went to the bench two minutes before the game start. 

"Alright, let's win this. Home crowd, let's show them how we do it best, okay? Barça on three," he looked to me and I nodded my head.

Here, "ONE!" goes, "TWO!" nothing, "BARÇA!" we ran full sprint onto the field and the stadium was extremely loud, waving Barcelona and Madrid flags all over the place. We raised our hands and I put a hand over my heart. I pointed to Sergio and made a heart teasingly, and he made one back, making the crowd cheer even louder.

I looked towards Neymar and he gave me a stunning smile and a thumbs up before the ref blew his whistle and we took off. The ball went to Xavi and I moved up the wing, and he crossed it over to me. Coentrao came over as I chested the ball, having it land perfectly on the ground. I faked a step towards Gerard who was open, but took off sprinting towards the net. I did a cut back, making Coentrao go to forward, and crossed it over to Neymar, who took a one timer.

Iker got behind it and punched it down, but Sergio cleared it when I went for the rebound. I glared plaufully at him and I got up quickly, running back to my position while he defenders fought Cris for the ball. Gerard won, and kicked it up to me again. I went down the wing with time to spare, and Coentrao started to jockey me. I did a few step overs, until he stepped far to the right. I pushed the ball through his legs- my favourite move- and sprinted past him towards the net.

I passed to Leo in the middle, but Sergio cut off his path. He passed back to me as I ran for the post, and I made a hard kick on the ground in the far corner. It just slipped through Iker's fingers, and I threw my hands up in disbelief.

"Offside! Offside!" Iker called, but I shook my head.

"I was next to Sergio when the pass was made!" I yelled back but Iker put his hand up to silence me.

"Woah, now I know you didn't just give me the hand, Casillas. The ref said no offside!" I exclaimed.

"Leave it alone, Serena," Sergio warned me but I glared at him. They all know it wasn't offside! I was in the perfect position.

"Why don't you leave her alone," Leo challenged Sergio.

"How about I shove my foot up your ass, Messi. You know damn well she was offside." Coentrao snapped back and I gasped.

"How about you take y goal and shove it up yours!" I yelled angrily. "You little shits are just upset that I scored."

"You shouldn't even be playing! You have a vagina!" Coentrao said.

"Yeah, but so do you." Neymar said, next to me. Coantrao and I have never been friends, I guess he was just jealous of me.

"Enough! Get to your positions. It was not offside." The ref shooed us all back to our places and I swore under my breath. 

"Thank you," I said to Neymar and Leo. Leo gave me a smile and Neymar gave me hug.

"Great shot," he muttered. 

"Thank you. I know." I smirked and we went back to our places. Who knew 'my team' were a bunch of pansies. 

|After the game|

We walked off the field in victory. We beat Madrid 6-5! That's crazy. I got three goals and Leo got two, and Neymar got one.

"To celebrate, party at my house!" Neymar yelled. We all cheered and Gerard handed me the match ball and a sharpie.

"It's yours now, your first hat trick ball. Sign it and keep it. Or sell it. It's up to you." Gerard laughed and watched my sign it.

"Hole it up to the crowd." He said and I turned around. There were people all lined up against the wall, all the way around the pitch, cheering, calling out random names, hoping to get their ball signed. I held the ball over my head, and they started cheering loudly. I felt proud. I felt like I was were I was supposed to be. Who knew it was playing football for my used-to-be most hated team in the world? Who knows, maybe I'll play for Portugal in the world cup with Cris!

"Let's go party!" Neymar called and we ran inside whooping and cheering happily. "My place in ten!"

"I have no idea where you live!" I called back to the front of the line.

"You can come with me, then!" He yelled back and we piled into the showers. The guys set up a stall in the back that's completely covered to I don't have to be nervous about someone seeing something they shouln't be. I washed my hair and then left it in it's normal state, which was long, brown, and wavy. I walked to the locker room and went to mine in the back. I put on Adidas track pants, but noticed that I didn't pack a shirt.

"Serena needs a shirt!" I yelled.

"Here you go," Neymar threw one at my head and everyone laughed. I looked at it, and saw it was his jersey.

"This better be clean." I warned, slipping it over my head.

"I promise. it's my backup one in case my first one gets wrecked." He explained and I followed him out with my bag. Climbing into his Mercedes, I threw my football bag in the back. 

"So remember when i said I liked you..." he trailed off, pulling out of the stadium parking lot and onto the main road.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"Because I still do. More now. A lot more. And I was just, uh, wondering how you felt now." He said shyly.

"Well, I like you too," I blushed like I was back in high school. I'm such a looser.

"Really?" he said happily. I giggled and nodded my head.

"You're annoying and cocky personality is starting to grow on me," I admitted. He rolled his eyes and glanced at me while waiting for the light to change.

"Then does that that you'll go out with me?" He asked. I smiled and nodded once again.

"I'd be happy too." I replied back.

A/N: Yay! They're together now!