Reader x Nico || What Can I Do [1/3]

En başından başla

"Whatever Leo," I rolled my eyes and turned away from when the teacher called for silence and attention.

Well, it's gonna be a long day.

*Third Person's Point of View*

"I hate Math!" You groaned as you plopped down on the seat with Jason in the cafeteria. The rowdy crowd stormed into the lane, raiding the cafeteria for its known best and tasty hotdog sandwich.

The two of you couldn't be separated to be honest. You were more than friends. He was like a brother to you and nothing else, you wouldn't see him more than just a friend. Besides, he was already dating Piper and you were happy for both of them.

Jason rolled his eyes, "Yeah right. You keep on saying that and you keep on having high scores. What's up?"

"But the topic is harder than I thought! I thought math would be easy as always, turns out I was wrong," you jutted your lower lip then gulped down water. "At least their water's good."

Jason sent you a playful glare, "That's not an attitude to be tolerated, Ms. (L/N)."

You laughed and shook your head. There was a short silence between the two of you but you hated awkwardness, so you cleared your throat. "Say, Jason."

"Huh?" He turned his head up from a novel book he was reading.

"Do you think. . . someone likes me?" Okay, that's a stupid question. Why would I even ask a guy with that? You thought miserably but you already said it. Whatever, he's my only friend anyway. Girls hate me because, I don't even know! You sighed mentally.

You looked back at Jason and he was giving you an 'Are You Serious?' look. But then he gave you a smile, "Come on (Y/N), of course someone likes you! You're beautiful and you're so kind. You deserve a guy to love and care for you."

You raised an eyebrow, "You've never been like that, Blond Superman."

Blush dusted his cheeks. His ears flushed and he looked away, "Oh shut up."

You laughed, "I'm kidding. But seriously," you sighed, "I. . . I don't think someone would like me. And even if there is someone, girls will hate me. You know that every boy here has their own secret admirer."

He rolled his eyes, lifting his eyeglasses to the bridge of his nose, "Well, do you like someone?"

You froze and felt heat rise up your cheeks. Well, did you really like someone?

You looked down. Yeah, you thought. I do like someone. But. . . I don't think he likes me back.

"Hey!" Jason knocked your forehead that made you yelp. He glared you, crossing his arms. "You didn't answer my question."

"W-What?"

"That you like someone! Jeez, it's impossible that you don't have someone there in your heart. Come on, you have to tell me that. Best friends shouldn't be hiding secrets from each other."

You hesitated, "B-But I— "

"Spill." He closed his book shut and placed it down on the table. He rested his head on his hand with his elbow on the table. You looked down. Well, it would be really unfair if you didn't tell him right?

You gulped. "I. . . I like Nico."

Jason didn't react, but you continued, "It was. . . back then, in the library. . . I was looking through the bookshelves to find an interesting book. . . and then there was a hole where books aren't placed, and when I looked through it I saw those beautiful obsidian eyes," you smiled, staring down at the bottle of water you were holding. "I didn't know why, but my heart skipped a beat when I saw him smiling. Well, he wasn't looking at me anyway."

You shrugged and you saw Jason now smirking at you. "W-What are you smirking at?"

"Daaaamnnn," he said with a high pitched tone, "FINALLY! My child is now grown up," he touched his skin underneath his eyes, mimicking a crying emotional person. "Your grandmother Jason is so proud of you!"

"Shut up," you blushed and looked away. "I don't think he likes me though."

"Why don't you confess?"

"That's silly. I think he already has someone else."

"But it's not bad to confess right? And what if he doesn't have someone else yet? You really have a big chance! Given your looks, your kindness and you're the perfect human being to exist on the surface of this earth. Aside from Piper." He winked.

You paused and looked down.

You wanted to confess to Nico. But something's holding you back.

The fear of getting rejected.

Oh, what can I do?