Reader x Octavian || Tattoo

*Your POV*

"You ready?" Reyna, my half-sister asked. I made a scoff. "Oh come on Reyna, you know I'm fond of being tattooed, and don't worry, seeing Octavian for the first time is normal," I said.

"But I'm too worried, (Y/N). What if he makes your forearm hurt while putting on your tattoo? What if he—gets you into trouble? Octavian is dangerous!"

"Reyna," I said. "I'll be fine, okay? And besides, I'm not gonna make it like he's gonna hurt me. I'll defend myself. Now don't worry. I'll be okay." I gave her a pat on the shoulder, until she was satisfied.

I entered the room. Okay, so, Octavian was the one who puts tattoos on other people's forearms. And I'm gonna be one of those people who are going to get tattooed. Well, I remember when this guy named Percy Jackson lost his memory, and Juno took him here at Camp Jupiter to stay. He gets tattooed by Octavian, and then Octavian usually says, I hope it hurt.

Well nah, I don't give a crap.

I closed the door behind me and turned around. The room was probably dark, a few sunlight streamed down from little holes at the ceiling. It would be empty, if only a large wooden table, and matching wooden chair and a skinny boy with blond hair and blue eyes, weren't there. Oh hey, was that Octavian? Yeah. Me right then.

Octavian stared at me with his intense blue eyes. This guy's gonna receive a stab in the heart from my dagger right now...

"What in Phoebus are you doing here?" He asked. Didn't he just ask that kind of question. He's annoying. I crossed my arms. "Didn't Jason tell you I'm going to get tattooed by you?" I asked back, not answering his question.

He stood up. "I don't give a—"

"Well I don't either," I stepped forward.

We stared for a minute. And then I got myself out of the staring contest. "Aren't you supposed to put a tattoo on me?" I asked, glaring at him.

"Well, yes, daughter of Bellona." He glared back, pulling out the tools for tattooing. "Sit on the chair and lend out your right forearm."

"Pfft. Yeah right," I scoffed walking towards the table. I sat on the chair, lent out my right forearm, and didn't look at him. It took minutes to finish tattooing.

"I hope it hurt—" he said, whispering, and looking at me in the eyes. But I stopped him. I looked back at him in his eyes.

"Well yeah, you usually say that, you anemic loser," I said. Standing up and leaving the room.

*Octavian's POV*

Whoa. That girl has a strong personality. How will I mock her? It's like I was the one defeated instead of her.

The next day, I went to Fifth Cohort, asked Reyna where was (Y/N). "Well I don't know, Octavian. It seems like you didn't hurt her," she said sarcastically. I tried to sound polite, but I didn't take it long. I glared back at her, and walked away. Where could (Y/N) be?

*Your POV*

I hid behind a bush, and then I saw Octavian calling me.

"(Y/N)! Where are you?! I'm sorry for what happened yesterday!" He shouted. What? This guy is apologizing? Not the usual.

I made myself out of the bush, by attacking him. "Go to Tartarus Octavian!"

I pulled out my dagger and I was about to stab him, but he blocked it by pulling out his sword. Our weapons clanged. "Look, I'm sorry!"

I glared at him. "You airhead! I can't believe someone would curse at me!" I wailed, pushing my dagger harder. Until his grip loosened, I grabbed his sword, and then I pointed my dagger to his neck. "Look. (Y/N) I love you."

My eyes widened. "What?" And then narrowed. "I'm not a fool, Octavian. You know I'm being a hater towards love."

"I don't care. I just wanna say sorry—and—I love you, that's all of it," he said nervously. Sweat ran down from his forehead. He was afraid, that he might get killed.

"Now you know how it feels to experience life-and-death situation," I said, glaring at him. And then I found myself putting my dagger away, from him. Suddenly, I dropped his sword, making a noise. He stared down at his sword, and looked at me. He pulled me into a hug. And then I muttered. "F-forgive you."

My body was stiff, but I could feel a warm sensation. Octavian pulled away and walked out.

I watched him go, picking up his sword. I stared down at it. "I love you too."

------------

Edit

They just met and now they're saying 'I love you!' after a meaningless fight because author wants angst! Oh, oh! Make them fight and have their blades against their necks! Yeah, that's it! Make them yell at each other for more intensity!

Meanwhile, author's 2021 self is having an existential crisis witnessing this.