Reader x Percy || The Promise [4/4]

*Your POV*

That moment when we felt our feet touch the floor of the elevator, I already started to feel nervous. I wondered how long would it take to go to Olympus. I have never been to Olympus, so does Jason. He was a Roman demigod and that was an excuse, but for me, I really haven't thought of going to the dwellings of the gods. My heart pounded as sweat trickled down my neck. The elevator soon had sped up towards the top of the Empire State Building when Jason pushed the 600th floor button. I lost my balance, but thankfully Jason held my arm as my hand grabbed onto a long golden rod attached to the walls.

My mind went dizzy. My eyes started to flutter close and I could hear those voices once again snickering inside my head. Yet I was lucky; Jason tightened his grip on my arm so I opened my eyes and snapped back to reality.

The elevator took to a full stop, making itself shake for a while which led Jason and I falling onto the floor. He then stood an helped me up. The doors soon opened.

In front of our eyes lay an enormous mountain embedded with Ancient Greek columns, the palace of Zeus dwelling on the mountain top. It gleamed, and flickering and blinding lights were everywhere from the top of the mountain down to the bottom. Jason and I made our way towards the palace. The pathway was made of rocks, with torches lining up either side of the path. The fire burned with intensity and danced around gently as we passed through a pair of torches.

Since we have never been to this wonderful place, we were undeniably awestruck at the sight of a gleaming paradise.

Jason exhaled, admiring each palace of a deity. "I never thought Olympus would be this. . ."

"Beautiful." I said, nodding eagerly.

"I guess Percy have gone here many times."

I turned my head to him and smiled. We then stopped admiring the scenery as the subject about Percy had been brought up, then we jogged towards the main palace. We stopped. There lied an enormous double bronze door with a symbol of lightning embedded onto it. I gestured for Jason to open the doors.

They creaked a little bit, giving me a slight feeling of discomfort. I followed him as he went in. When the two of us were inside, the doors automatically closed by themselves.

"Percy!" Jason's voice stopped me from staring at the doors. I quickly turned around and saw him running towards the person. Before I turned around, I thought the reason why Jason and I went to Olympus was because Percy has succeeded his quest.

He was casted under a spell. A golden mist was all around him. He couldn't move or speak. Without any hesitation, I sprinted towards him. I haven't realized the gods have been also there sitting comfy on their thrones.

"Percy, dude," Jason said, but he received no response. Percy could even barely make an expression. Jason furrowed his eyebrows, and turned around looking at the gods one by one.

"What's a Roman demigod doing here in this sacred place?" Ares stood up, grabbing his spear which has been leaned on the side of the throne.

"Back off, Ares. The boy gives no harm." Hermes rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, I think he's even cute." Martha, one of Hermes' snakes remarked.

George snorted. "He doesn't like snakes, Martha."

Before the two would argue, Hermes shushed the snakes and focused on me. He then raised an eyebrow. "How about you, young woman? Who are you?"

"How naive of you, Hermes," Artemis sighed coldly, "my brother has claimed her the past three days."