Chapter 30

I made my way into the tomb, looking around in confusion. "We've passed through here twice already," Elijah sighed.

"They were just here," I commented. "They have to be nearby."

"We're running out of time."

"Then we move faster," Nik replied, making another mark on the wall.

"Or smarter." Turning towards the entrance of the tomb, my eyes widened, seeing a disheveled Hayley walk in.

"Hayley." Elijah made his way over to her, his hands on her face. "How are you here?"

"I woke up in the church. I felt this hunger," she revealed, looking over at me and Nik. "I knew what I needed. I can feel her. She's here. I can feel my baby."

"You died with the baby's blood still in your system," I commented, watching her. "She's in transition."

"Which means she has to drink the blood of the child if she's to survive," Elijah concluded.

"To be reborn a hybrid," Nik declared.

"I don't care about me. I'm gonna go find our daughter." Hayley left the tomb and I was quick to follow her out. We had only gone a few aisles over when I started to hear chanting. Turning the corner, we found Genevieve holding a knife over the newborn while the two Harvest girls stood on the sides of an altar, chanting. "No!" Hayley yelled, catching Genevieve's attention. Elijah picked up a planter, throwing it at the group. It hit Genevieve, causing her to stumble back, away from the altar. Monique and Abigail stopped chanting, moving around to the front of the altar and joining hands. Hayley, Elijah, and Nik flew back as the girls lifted their hands. Lifting my own hands, I started muttering spell to break through theirs. Unfortunately for me, they had all of their ancestors on their side, while I stood alone, but I made sure to use every bit of magic I had.

"You fools, to come against us in our place of power, in our strongest hour. You do not face three. You face us all," Monique called. Feeling something zoom past my head, I looked up, seeing a metal post go through Abigail, pinning her to the building behind the altar. As she died, the amount of magic against me lessened and I found it easier to fight the ancestors. Monique picked up the knife Genevieve was once holding, going over to the baby on the altar. Before she could do anything, a star-shaped object landed in her chest, creating a bunch of tiny cuts all over her body. The magic from the ancestors disappeared, so I lowered my hands, slumping over slightly. Marcel appeared at the altar and picked up the baby, looking over at Hayley before disappearing. Looking over as well, I saw that Genevieve was still using a spell on Hayley. Lifting a hand, I knocked Genevieve unconscious, turning to look at Elijah.

"The bitch is all yours."

***

"She really is a beauty, little wolf," I commented, looking down at the child in Hayley's arms. She sent me a smile, looking back down at her daughter.

"Can I tell you something?" Hayley asked, looking up at me again. "Actually, it's more of a question and I haven't talked to Klaus about it yet, but I'm sure he'd agree."

"Hayley, what is it?"

"Would you like be her godmother?" I froze for a moment, staring at her in shock.

"You want me to be her godmother?" Tears filled my eyes.

"Well, yeah. I mean, you were supposed to be the mother of Klaus' first child, but that opportunity was ripped away from you."

I nodded, sending her a smile, "I would love to."

Kind of a short chapter.

The last chapter will be posted on Friday, along with the beginning of Book 5. Do you guys want me to post just the prologue for Book 5 or chapter one along with it?

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2017/2018.