Chapter 2

*3rd Person*

"No. It's impossible. Vampires cannot procreate."

"But werewolves can," Sophie reminded him. "Magic made you a vampire, but you were born a werewolf. You're the Original hybrid. The first of your kind and this pregnancy is one of nature's loopholes." Nik grew angry, moving towards Hayley, but Elijah pulled him back.

"You've been with someone else. Admit it!"

"I spent days held captive in a freakin' alligator bayou because they think that I'm carrying some magical miracle baby. Don't you think I would've fessed up if it wasn't yours?" Hayley's voice was firm.

"My sister gave her life to perform the spell she needed to confirm this pregnancy. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of this girl and her baby are now controlled by us." Both Hayley and Elijah were surprised by this. "If you don't help us take down Marcel, so help me, Hayley won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress."

"Wait, what?" Hayley's eyes filled with fear.

"Enough of this, if you want Marcel dead, he's dead. I'll do it myself," Elijah suggested.

"No, we can't. Not yet. We have a clear plan that we need to follow and there are rules."

Nik turned to face them, finally speaking up, "How dare you command me, threaten me with what you wrongfully perceive to be my weaknesses! I won't hear any more lies." He went to leave, but a voice stopped him.

"Niklaus." He turned to look at the new-comer, eyes widening in shock.

*Ellie's POV*

Nik turned, seeing me standing there. His eyes widened slightly in shock, then narrowed. Before I knew what had happened, I was pinned to the wall of the crypt with his hand at my throat. "Who are you?" He growled, his face close to mine.

"Nik," I choked out, clawing at his hand as I struggled to breathe, "It's me. It's your Ellie."

"You are not my Ellie. My Ellie died three months ago. Now, tell me. Who are you?!" Nik's hand gripped my throat tighter and I felt the darkness begin to consume me.

"Niklaus! Release her before you kill her," I faintly heard Elijah command. Just as my eyes started to roll back in my head, my throat was released and I fell to the ground, coughing and gasping for air. Hayley rushed to my side, checking to make sure I was okay.

"I'm fine," I commented, putting my hand on my burning throat as I was finally able to catch my breath. With some help from Hayley, I got to my feet and looked up at Nik, who was glaring at me.

"Who are you?" He questioned again through clenched teeth.

"I already told you. I'm Ellie." Nik took a step forward to attack me again, but Hayley quickly stepped in front of me. He glanced at her before his eyes moved back to me.

"Prove it."

"Your nickname for me was kitten."

"Lots of people know that."

"I call you by your full name when I'm upset with you."

"Not good enough," he snapped, eyes flashing gold as he took another step forward.

"Back in the 20s, when we met, our...first time together was in the supply closet of Gloria's bar. A few days later, the police raided the club. Their bullets were made of wood and soaked in vervain. I was shot in the knee and you had to carry me out." He stayed quiet, staring at me with wide eyes. "Is that enough proof for you?" I asked softly.

"Ellie," he breathed out. "How are you –? I watched you die; I watched your body burn."

"That's a story for another time, I think," Sophie suggested.

"She's right," I stated, looking over at her. "We have more pressing issues to tend to."

"Don't tell me you actually believe all of this," Nik avowed, eyebrows scrunching up.

"Of course I do." I took a few steps closer to him. "I know you don't believe what they're telling you, so just listen." He stared down at me for a moment before looking over my shoulder at Hayley. I watched him closely, waiting for the realization to hit. His eyes widened slightly, filling with tears before he turned towards his brother, his face hard.

"Kill her and the baby. What do I care?" Nik pushed past me, leaving the crypt.

"Screw this, I'm out of here," Hayley announced, trying to leave. The witches behind her quickly stepped in front of her, blocking her path.

"Hayley, don't," I advised, grabbing her by the wrist.

Elijah moved over to us before turning to look at Sophie, "No one touches the girl. I will fix this." Sophie hesitated, slowly nodding and he was gone. Hayley looked over at me.

"They won't touch you, I promise," I whispered to her, wrapping my hand around hers and giving it a squeeze.

OH MY GOD, YOU GUYS!! I ALMOST FORGOT TO UPDATE!

But luckily I remembered ;)

*singing* Reunited and it feels so good!

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2017.