Chapter 15

Getting back to the compound, I sat at one of the tables, watching Nik string together his diabolical plan. "You know what would go really well with this? Alcohol. Anybody else want a drink?" I offered, standing from my seat. Elijah and Marcel declined while Rebekah accepted. Going behind the bar, I grabbed two glasses, filling them up. As I made my way back to the table, a strange sensation came over me. It was the same one I got when Davina lost control in the church. My fingers went numb, the two glasses falling to the ground. The sound of them shattering caught the attention of the others.

"Ellie?" Rebekah came over, seeing the look on my face.

"Davina; she just used magic. Very powerful magic," I informed them.

"How powerful?" Elijah questioned, taking a step forward.

"Powerful enough to kill four witches."

"We need to find her," Marcel spoke up, looking from Elijah to Nik.

"She was just at St. Anne's. She may still be there."

***

"What the hell happened here?" I asked, glancing over at the pool of blood on the floor as I came down the stairs. After everything I'd been through in the past twenty-four hours, Nik had suggested I lie down for a bit. I fell asleep almost immediately.

"A very powerful witch happened," Nik remarked, taking a sip of his drink.

"Davina? She was here?" He nodded his head slightly. "Where is she now?"

"Off with Rebekah somewhere, dying," he shrugged, avoiding my eyes.

"What?! I told you not to hurt her, Niklaus!"

"Sometimes you have to. Besides, Elijah knew I would do something along those lines, so he and Marcel worked out a plan to keep her safe," he explained and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"She had a protection spell on her, so she will recover." I let out a breath, relieved. "You look beautiful, by the way." I looked down at my dress, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Thank you," I muttered, grabbing a glass for myself. Holding it out, Nik filled it up.

"To be honest, I had hoped that the first time I saw you in a wedding dress would be when we were getting married," he acknowledged and I stared at him, wide-eyed.

"What?"

"I had actually planned on proposing to you the night of the winter charity event. Had a ring picked out and everything, but then I committed mass murder. After that, it just didn't seem like the right time," he declared, keeping his eyes on his glass.

Tears filled my eyes as I looked at him, "you did?"

"Did you honestly think it would never happen?" He smirked, finally meeting my eyes.

"You know, mass murder or not, if you had asked me that night, I would have said yes," I revealed, sending him a soft smile. My attention was caught by Rebekah walking in the room with a sleeping Davina in her arms. Marcel immediately went over to them.

"Is she okay?" he asked, looking down at the young girl.

"She's devastated and exhausted. Where's her room?" Rebekah spoke softly so she wouldn't wake the girl.

"I got it." Marcel took her from Rebekah's arms, carrying her up the stairs to her room. Rebekah watched him go before turning her eyes to Nik. She stared at him for a moment, disappointment clear in her eyes, then turned and walked out of the compound. Giving his hand a gentle squeeze, I walked away, going up the stairs and into my room. 

Guys! Nik admitted to wanting to marry Ellie! I think I might be the only one excited about that...even though I'm the one that wrote it. 

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2017.