Chapter 16

Rolling over in bed, I heard the sound of glass shattering a few doors down

Rolling over in bed, I heard the sound of glass shattering a few doors down. I ignored it, trying to go back to sleep when I heard more glass shatter. Groaning, I opened my eyes and got out of bed, going out to the landing. "What the bloody hell is going on?" I called out. Nik walked into the courtyard and looked up at me.

"Davina still isn't very happy with Marcel it would seem," he remarked, looking over at her bedroom door, which was closed. I could still hear things breaking from inside. "Nice pajamas," Nik added and I rolled my eyes, not in the mood for niceties. I was still exhausted from the past two days. I turned to go back in to my room when I heard coughing coming from Davina's room and Marcel's panicked voice. Nik must have heard it too because by the time I got to her room, he had already opened the door and was inside. Davina was on her bed on all fours, coughing up dirt onto her bedspread. "Bloody hell," Nik muttered from beside me as Davina continued to cough. All of a sudden, the entire compound began to shake, knocking over lamps, books, and anything else that was free-standing. My eyes widened as I realized she was the one causing the earthquake. Davina kept coughing, her eyes meeting mine and I could see the fear in them.

"Davina, darling, I know you're scared, but I need you to calm down," I told her, moving closer. The building continued to shake. Putting my hands on the sides of her head, I closed my eyes, concentrating on calming her down and controlling her magic. Both the shaking and Davina's coughing ceased. Opening my eyes, I moved my hands away from her head, glancing over at Marcel, who was giving me a questioning look. "I've managed to calm her down and quiet her magic. Her powers are controlled by her emotions. The more fear she feels, the more control she'll lose," I explained, looking back over at the young girl. She had moved so that she was resting against her pillows. I nodded my head towards the door, signaling to Marcel that we should leave. As we exited, we bumped into Rebekah in the hall. "She's resting," I informed her as she opened the door to Davina's room. She nodded, shutting the door behind her. Marcel and I made our way downstairs, going into a study, where Elijah and Hayley were already sitting.

"What just happened?" Hayley asked, standing from her seat.

"Davina just shook the entire compound," Marcel declared.

"Not just the compound," I corrected as Nik walked in. "She shook half the city."

"This is madness. How can a sixteen-year-old girl shake the entire French Quarter?" Nik questioned.

"I've seen her rock the church, but I've never seen anything like this," Marcel commented as he paced by the windows.

"How did you control her when she was in the attic?"

"I didn't have to, but then I never killed her boyfriend." Marcel glared at Nik.

"Yes, yes. We've been over this part already. The point is, in her present state, she's useless as a tool against the witches."

"She's not a tool. Something's wrong with her," Marcel defended.

"She has too much power that she cannot control," Elijah chimed in. "That much we already knew, but why is it manifesting itself in such an aggressive manner?"

"I've managed to contain some of her power, but it won't last long. Her powers will lash out and cause another earthquake," I reported, sitting on the couch, still in my pajamas. "I think it might have something to do with the Harvest."

"Where are you going?" Nik asked Elijah as he started walking out of the room.

"This is witch business. Let's ask a witch." Elijah left the room and I followed a few minutes later, going up to my room to change. When I was done getting dressed, I went over to Davina's room to check on her. She was lying in bed still, her eyes closed. Going over to the young girl, I sat on the edge of her bed, pushing her hair away from her sweaty forehead as she opened her eyes.

"Hey, little bird. How're you feeling?" I asked softly as she closed her eyes again. Before she could respond, she let out a scream, the entire house shaking again. I pressed my hands to her head, trying to contain her magic. Her powers fought me, but I pushed harder, finally quieting them. I let out a breath as the compound stopped shaking, the girl relaxing against her pillows. Quietly getting up, I left the room, going downstairs. "Where's Nik?" I asked one of the vampires that was lingering about. He pointed down a hallway, so I thanked him, going in that direction. Turning the corner to a room, I found the three siblings talking with Sophie.

"And the earthquake I felt today?" Sophie asked, looking over at Rebekah.

"Also Davina. And she's taken to vomiting dirt," I interrupted, coming into the room. "I was able to contain her powers again, but they fought back. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to do it."

Kinda short, sorry! But at least I'm posting on time :)

Who else has seen the new Star Wars movie? I went and saw it yesterday and it was amazing! And Kylo! I seriously love that man.

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2017.