Chapter 14

All throughout the night, my vision would come and go. I would get it back for a few minutes before getting a burst of pain in my head, then it would be gone, along with my eyesight. Nik sat in my room with me, keeping me company during the times I was awake and laying with me as I attempted to sleep. Nik let me know when the sun had risen and I longed to see it, having been stuck in darkness most of the night. "I need to try calling Marcel again. Will you be alright for a few moments by yourself?" Nik asked softly, moving some hair away from my face. I nodded, letting my eyes close. I had just started falling back asleep when a new wave of pain hit me. Quickly sitting up, I grabbed the sides of my head, which felt like it was about to burst. Davina was using more power. Within a matter of minutes, the pain was gone. Getting out of bed, I made my way out of my room in search of Nik. Hearing Elijah's voice, I decided to follow it.

"I have no idea where Davina is or why she ran away. Can I suggest you take a step back?" Turning the corner, I found Elijah and Marcel glaring at each other. Nik was on the other side of the room, watching them. All eyes turned to me as I entered the room.

"Whatever Davina was using magic for, I think she's done now."

"What is she talking about?" Marcel asked Nik, turning to look at him.

"It appears Davina has been using magic all night and since Ellie is linked to her, she's been affected by it. Her vision has been coming and going," Nik explained to them.

"I can assure you, I have absolutely no desire to see that child come into harm's way. She's suffered enough with this Harvest ritual nonsense," Elijah affirmed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"That child to whom you refer so affectionately is one of the most powerful witches in New Orleans. If she's fled, what's to stop her from destroying us, in fact, destroying all we've worked for?" Nik questioned. "No. If she's not a friend to this family, then she is our enemy."

"She is a friend, Klaus," Marcel countered.

"Well, let's hope so. Lucky for you, I know how to get her back. Follow my lead," Nik said to Elijah as he brushed past him and out of the room.

"What should I do?" I questioned as I followed him down the hall.

"Nothing. You've had a long night. Rest, or maybe enjoy the festivities," he advised, not bothering to turn around. I quickly grabbed him by the wrist, stopping him.

"Promise me you won't hurt her? That she'll come back in one piece, unscathed."

He stared down at me for a moment, hesitating before nodding, "I'll do my best." I let go of his wrist and he was gone.

As I pulled my shoes on, my phone went off next to me

As I pulled my shoes on, my phone went off next to me. Picking it up, I saw that it was a text from Rebekah, letting me know she was outside. I quickly made my way out of my room, down the stairs, and out of the compound. "Don't you look cute," Rebekah commented and I turned, only to find her in the same clothes she was wearing earlier.

"Where is your 'Casket Girls' dress? You were supposed to dress up, remember?" I reminded her.

"I couldn't find one suitable," she shrugged and I rolled my eyes, knowing she was just being moody over Marcel choosing Nik.

"Whatever, let's just enjoy the evening." Wrapping my arm around hers, we made our way over to the festival, which was already in full swing. Girls in bloodied wedding dresses danced while a drum line of men with faces painted like skeletons marched down the street. The streets were filled with flags and streamers, but most of all, people. Normally, on a night like tonight, my shop would be open. But the Casket Girls Festival was a celebration of women, so there was no way I, a woman, was going to miss this. After enjoying the festivities for more than an hour, Rebekah spotted her two brothers and Marcel, standing in the middle of the street, talking.

"You don't like festivals?" I heard Nik ask Marcel as we approached.

"I don't see why not?" Rebekah spoke up as we came to a stop in front of the group. "Who doesn't love a street fair?"

"Ladies, come to help us find our stray?" Nik questioned and I noticed his eyes rake over the dress I was wearing.

"We can't let your secret weapon get in the wrong hands, can we?" Rebekah retorted.

"For the record, we are moments away from retrieving her."

"I recognize that tone of voice, Niklaus. Clearly, you have some diabolical machination," Elijah piped up. "What is it?" Nik sent him a smirk before brushing past me and Rebekah. The four of us watched as he went over to a teenage boy in the sidewalk. A teenage boy I recognized. It was Davina's friend, Tim.

Something is happening in the next chapter. It's not huge, just a little secret being revealed. Not gonna say who, or what ;)

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2017.